New to Grand Design Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Grand Design Forum

We are in process of upgrading from a 2011 Montana 3100RL to a "new to us" 2019 Solitude 377-MBS-R. Have not taken delivery yet, during Pre-Delivery Inspection learned the Electric over Hydraulic Actuator was not working, so our dealer is working to get this addressed. Hoping to get it next week. I understand this was an upgrade with the Disc Brake package, but not familiar with this option.
    Anyone with a similar set up willing to offer feedback on their experience with this is greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the hydraulic actuator, but welcome to the forum. Best wishes for some great journeys ahead.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

we just purchased a like new, 2020, 380FL. ( beautiful unit ) just wondering if anyone knows how to program the entrance door.?

Comment

opmmotorsports welcome aboard!! Lots of good info on here. As for your door, am guessing someone prior to you added an electric combo entrance lockset, which is not a usual GD feature. I think there are two on the market one made by Bauer, and the other I can't remember (RV Lock?). You should be able to find info on the internet. I remember a review of an install in Trailer life magazine back in 2019. There is a replaceable battery in them, accessed from the interior door side of the latch. Could be program info in there.
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Sunchaser1997

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

Any trailer with disc brakes will have an EoH (Electric over Hydraulic) system. Several owners on this forum have experience with using (and installing) these systems. I would start by asking how your dealer determined that the system is not working? Was this by pulling the break-away switch or by actuating from the truck? If you can provide more information, we may be able to help.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

opmmotorsports

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

If your entry door lock is from RV Locks . . . remove the interior half of the lock assembly and there should be a label inside with the factory code for operating the keypad control. If you visit their website or call them, you will be able to get directions to add your own code if you do not want to use the factory one.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Any trailer with disc brakes will have an EoH (Electric over Hydraulic) system. Several owners on this forum have experience with using (and installing) these systems. I would start by asking how your dealer determined that the system is not working? Was this by pulling the break-away switch or by actuating from the truck? If you can provide more information, we may be able to help.

Rob
              ==
              Quick update. Rob asked about testing, we checked both from the truck's connector and by pulling the break away as well. The dealer's technician read voltage getting to the input side of the EoH pump, but it was not coming on. They wound up pulling the unit and found the printed circuit board that controlled the pump had a capacitor on it that was physically fried. They ordered a new one, (board) and installed it this past Saturday morning. We picked it up Saturday afternoon... and man do the brakes work well now! VERY pleased with how it felt on the ride home. My only remaining reservation is what caused the circuit board issue.. and could there be a recurrence. I love how they work, but they need to work 100% of the time.

Guess time will tell, if anyone has history on these would love to hear from you.

Comment

Working...
              X