Attic Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attic Vent

We took possession of a 2022 Imagine 17MKS in July.
    Recently discovered some water dripping from around the ceiling speaker nearest the kitchen.
    Dropped that speaker and felt aft to discover moisture and wet insulation.
    Nothing obvious from a roof inspection.
    I did notice that he wet area corresponds to where the "attic vent" is located.
    I figured with our recent wind and rain, some driving rain entered the "attic vent", wetting the insulation and causing the subsequent dripping.
    How does one protect that "attic vent" from driving rain?
    I noticed there are other "attic vents" on the market with "rain guard".
    What is installed on our 17 MKE?
    Jeff & Margie P
    2022 17MKE

Jwpatches Welcome to the Family and the forum!

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question, but somebody will show up with a helpful answer.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Jwpatches View Post
      We took possession of a 2022 Imagine 17MKS in July.
      Recently discovered some water dripping from around the ceiling speaker nearest the kitchen.
      Dropped that speaker and felt aft to discover moisture and wet insulation.
      Nothing obvious from a roof inspection.
      I did notice that he wet area corresponds to where the "attic vent" is located.
      I figured with our recent wind and rain, some driving rain entered the "attic vent", wetting the insulation and causing the subsequent dripping.
      How does one protect that "attic vent" from driving rain?
      I noticed there are other "attic vents" on the market with "rain guard".
      What is installed on our 17 MKE?
      First: Welcome! Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Second: There's a link at the top of the page to the Parts Lookup website. That's where you can research various parts used on your 17MKE.

Is it possible to take a picture of the item described as an "attic vent"? GD uses attic vents on a lot of their trailers and this is the first time I've read about water intrusion due to a rain storm via that vent.

If not obvious, it's imperative to find the source of that water intrusion ASAP. Water will do a lot of damage in a short period of time to your new camper. Consider calling your dealer and Grand Design Customer Service (or send the latter an email) so there's a record of the problem on file.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X