Sos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sos!

Hi there! Brand new owner of a 2021 Imagine xls 21BHE. I took an orientation from Camping World that was less than thorough as the tech had never seen one before. I’m reading through the Owner’s manual, yet not finding it detailed enough. I installed a Furrion back up camera which worked intermittently. No power at the connector, so I put the battery on a charger thinking it was dead. Nope. Reconnected the battery and now nothing. Checked the breakers and they’re on. No power from battery; no power when hooked to my truck? I’d appreciate any help you can offer. I’m scheduled to leave for Kentucky to do tornado relief work with Samaritan’s Purse next week, and want to solve this before going. Thank you in advance.
    2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
    2021 Ford Expedition Max

Is the main panel disconnect switch in the pass through storage area, turned on?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes, I believe so.
      2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
      2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

Hook up to the tow vehicle and turn on the marker lights. A lot of camera's now are wired through the marker lights for power.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Are the truck headlights or parking lights on? The running light circuit is what powers the camera wiring.
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

One other thing, not certain of the year of the TV (tow vehicle) but some of the newer ones do not have enough power through the marker light circuit to power the cameras.

Please take a few moments to fill out your signature. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

You will find through the members here and the moderators (who remember a lot more than me) someone may have either had a similar situation, or have the same TV and experienced the same or something similar.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you. I hooked up to my truck. The camera and marker lights are working now, but there’s still no power to the rest of the camper. No lights, no tongue jack, etc. Any further ideas?
              2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
              2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

Originally posted by BirdieGirl View Post
                Thank you. I hooked up to my truck. The camera and marker lights are working now, but there’s still no power to the rest of the camper. No lights, no tongue jack, etc. Any further ideas?
                Did you hook the battery up correctly? Also with the battery key , push in and turn to the right to make, if you can remove the key then battery power is not getting to the RV.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The key does not come out.
                  Battery: Yes, I think so…
                  2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
                  2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

Battery connections look right. Are you on shore power?

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

No, I’m at my property. I do have a 15 to 30 amp converter, but no heavy duty extension cord yet.
                      2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
                      2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

When on battery power the breakers are not used, they are 120 v ac, just for clarity.

Follow the wires from the battery down to the frame of the RV, there should be a connection point there that will be a self resetting breaker. There may also be a fuse in this area that you could check. If you have a multi meter check to see if you have battery voltage on both sides of the main positive connection, should be the red wire. Also check that there are no other wires that were attached to the battery that you may have missed.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

BirdieGirl -- what leads you to believe the battery is good? in the original post is this statement, "...so I put the battery on a charger thinking it was dead. Nope." How did you come to this conclusion?
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	091293AB-632E-4FB4-A053-C7D391A5900D.jpeg
Views:	419
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	84595 Click image for larger version

Name:	053CBF81-E81D-47BE-9CDE-CAEE352CCEFF.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	84596
                            Here’s what I see under there. There is power in all the red wires including the one to the tongue jack. . No loose wires noted. Is the fuse inside the silver box? It’s dark here now, so I’ll have to start again tomorrow morning.
                            I can’t thank everyone enough for their suggestions and kindness in responding.
                            2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
                            2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

My landlord tried to help me, found no power at the camera connector and said the battery was dead? That’s when I tried to charge it and it was fully charged. I also checked the positive post of the battery with a meter - there’s power there. The red wire from the battery also shows current. I can take it to O’Reillys in the morning to be tested…
                              Last edited by BirdieGirl; 05-08-2022, 08:24 PM.
                              2021 GD Imagine xls BHE
                              2021 Ford Expedition Max

Comment

Working...
                              X