Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Grand Design Owner

Howdy,
    I just traded a very expensive to own and maintain 2015 Winnebago View 24g for an Imagine xls 17MKE. Any advise for the newby? Thanks!

Originally posted by pepsigns View Post
    Howdy,
    I just traded a very expensive to own and maintain 2015 Winnebago View 24g for an Imagine xls 17MKE. Any advise for the newby? Thanks!
    Welcome, glad to have you join us here.

Do a thorough check and walk thru before you take delivery and make sure that everything works to your satisfaction, there is a PDI list here, pre delivery inspection , that will help you to remember all of the things to check. After that go out and enjoy the new RV. If or when you have an issue you can post in the proper channel here and we most likely can help you fix it, if you are handy and like to do that stuff and not wait months on a dealer repair.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome to the forum pepsigns. And happy Travels.
      2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Howdy,
          First bit of advice is please read the Welcome Letter to New Members--it will link how to create a signature block and reveal how to get the most from your time here on the forum. Direct link here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.

Second, remember GOAL. If in doubt, Get Out And Look! The last-chance walkaround and/or "something doesn't feel right" stop to inspect my setup has saved me more than once from doing something dumb. (Last time it was my credit card on the ground at a car wash--fell out of my pocket since it wasn't returned to my wallet immediately. I didn't realize this until, after that feeling, I went and looked around the trailer and sure enough there was the card sitting in a pile of suds.)

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Howdy,
              Hey pepsigns - I too went from a 2017 Winnebago View 24G (profile) to a 17MKE. Unfortunately my hand was forced when my View went up in flames due to a propane fed refrigerator fire. Insurance only covered purchase cost, instead of replacement cost, so I couldn't replace in kind. But between the payout we got and selling our toad we should about break even with the 2022 17MKE and the 2022 GMC Yukon SLT (w/ 3L Duramax diesel) that we have coming.
              Rhody_Chris
              USCG QMC (Retired '99)
              2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE (IRVina)
              2022 GMC Yukon SLT w/ 3L Duramax Diesel (Irving)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. My MKE has been in for a recall. I have to go get it this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhody_Chris View Post

Hey pepsigns - I too went from a 2017 Winnebago View 24G (profile) to a 17MKE. Unfortunately my hand was forced when my View went up in flames due to a propane fed refrigerator fire. Insurance only covered purchase cost, instead of replacement cost, so I couldn't replace in kind. But between the payout we got and selling our toad we should about break even with the 2022 17MKE and the 2022 GMC Yukon SLT (w/ 3L Duramax diesel) that we have coming.
                  Hey QMC! I was a USCG RM2 (1973-1977). Went to boot in Alameda in August of '73. I also lost my last rig to a fire. Mine was caused by a diesel fuel leak in the tow vehicle which spread to the 2014 Grand Design fifth wheel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Close Up.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	97004

pepsigns - There are a lot of 17MKE units out there. I see them at rallies and on the road frequently.

Jim
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                  X