Just Bought Our Next Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Bought Our Next Adventure

So for my birthday last week we just bought a '22 17MKE. We take delivery on 7/28!

And on Monday we placed a refundable deposit on a 2022 GMC Yukon SLT Diesel that is sitting at the factory in Arlington, TX waiting to be shipped. Hopefully it will be here by mid August.

This is to replace the 2017 Winnebago View 24G (Class C), that we lost to refrigerator fire in April, and the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that we have rigged out as toad.
    Rhody_Chris
    USCG QMC (Retired '99)
    2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE (IRVina)
    2022 GMC Yukon SLT w/ 3L Duramax Diesel (Irving)

Originally posted by Rhody_Chris View Post
    So for my birthday last week we just bought a '22 17MKE. We take delivery on 7/28!

And on Monday we placed a refundable deposit on a 2022 GMC Yukon SLT Diesel that is sitting at the factory in Arlington, TX waiting to be shipped. Hopefully it will be here by mid August.

This is to replace the 2017 Winnebago View 24G (Class C), that we lost to refrigerator fire in April, and the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk that we have rigged out as toad.
    Congrats and welcome to the forum! You're not a "newbie" to RV'ing (obviously) but anything related to your GD don't hesitate to fire away...

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Congratulations on the new set up. There are several 17MKE owners or former owners here. Paul Paul & Deb owned a 17MKE for a little while before upsizing to the next size. He did a ton of modifications to the 17MKE with solar and lithium batteries, and I'll bet he'd share his experiences with you if he reads this.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Rhody_Chris View Post

Congrats on the new setup. I'm looking forward to hear how you like the new Yukon when it arrives. Lots of MKE owners here so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Mine was a 2021 so pre factory solar and 12v fridge so my power mods were developed with that in mind. My new MLE came like your MKE.

Searching will help you find lots of info on what other owners have done but you can also feel free to ask questions.

Good luck!
        Paul and Deb Cervone
        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Paul & Deb View Post

Congrats on the new setup. I'm looking forward to hear how you like the new Yukon when it arrives. Lots of MKE owners here so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Mine was a 2021 so pre factory solar and 12v fridge so my power mods were developed with that in mind. My new MLE came like your MKE.

Searching will help you find lots of info on what other owners have done but you can also feel free to ask questions.

Good luck!
          I'm fairly certain that they are all (17MKE at least) are coming with factory solar and 12v fridge now. I would not have bought it with a propane fridge in it (note our reason for the new unit).

We're still now sure if we will actually get the Yukon...it still hasn't started its journey in this direction. Will likely spend this week seeking out possible options unless they can assure me that it can be delivered by 8/22. We have a 3-day reservation for our shakedown starting on 8/29.
          Rhody_Chris
          USCG QMC (Retired '99)

Comment

Today is the day!! We take our walkthrough and pre-delivery inspection today. I have the PDI checklist and my personal add on questions in hand. Scheduled for a two hour appointment, but I expect to take substantially longer than that. And now DW says it's time to go!
            Rhody_Chris
            USCG QMC (Retired '99)

Comment

Rhody_Chris -- look forward to reading the post-PDI report.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So we spent our time getting briefed on all systems. No surprises as everything was functioning properly and all questions answered as expected. I then went through the PDI list looking for any 'defects' and almost walked away with a clean sheet. Until I noticed that the little plastic doohickey that props the door open at 90* was broken. Seems like a bit of a cheesy part compare to the overall quality of the unit. That item was fixed on the spot and we are patiently awaiting for delivery to our driveway tomorrow.

Then I really put systems to the test.
                Rhody_Chris
                USCG QMC (Retired '99)

Comment

So Last Monday (8/8/22) the truck we ordered finally showed up at the dealership. Test drove that afternoon and confirmed sale. Took delivery on Wednesday and received the Anderson WDH on Thursday. So far all looks good, but I do need to find a parking lot that is more level and flat than my driveway to make any tweaks to the hookup.

We'll make that reservation the end of the month for a 3 night shakedown after all. Then it's off to Austin in October (3 week round trip). Can't wait to get out there!!
                  Rhody_Chris
                  USCG QMC (Retired '99)

Comment

Rhody_Chris Find a local parking lot like a mall, big box store of some sort, or a housing development under construction (one where the houses are not in, or just starting). This will give you a decently flat plane. Your reference surface just needs to be FLAT not necessarily level. Also, you will find that setup unloaded vs loaded will most likely be different.

I found with our BP TT, the fresh water tank changed the tension in the chains by 1 link. Clothing and other things in the front also changed the tension by 1 link. So travel for pleasure I was 2 links shorter than towing the camper back from the hunting lease.

With the Anderson, I think the tension setup is a bit more involved than a standard WDH chain setup, but could be less than the Equalizer bar on ledge style that requires adding and removing washers.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

And finally, we roll!

Rhody_Chris
                      USCG QMC (Retired '99)

Comment

Working...
                      X