New 2023 Solitude 378MBS-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2023 Solitude 378MBS-R

Transport company just delivered out new Solitude 378MBS-R 5th Wheel! We are excited and disappointed. We love the mid-bunk design and all the features of the Solitude. We are however disappointed with the bedroom closet design. We wanted the layout with the closet on the left and washer/dryer prep on the right as shown in the brochures. When we received the VIN we even called the factory and were assured that was the layout we were getting, but when it actually arrived the washer/dryer prep was in the center with closet and drawers on either side. This is a terrible design! We are still waiting on a dually truck to pull our new Solitude and had a transport company deliver it to our campground. Upon delivery and setup, leveling and opening the slides we discovered why this is such a terrible design. One of the drawers on the left closet had opened and was damaged by the bedroom slide trying to extend. Fortunately the slide stopped and does not appear to be damaged. We will somehow have to get the damaged drawer repaired and forever crawl over the bed before opening the bedroom slide to make sure a drawer has not popped open after traveling.
    James R. Chism

Hi James,

There are four Solitude floor plans with that bedroom layout. Some of us with the old WD plan on the right bear some responsibility for the change to the center. We told Grand Design the right cabinet was not deep enough for a WD. I rebuilt the cabinet with a 5.5 inch extension and my WD fits fine, but Grand Design was not willing to do that on the regular BR floor plans. Perhaps the Moderators might discuss this at some point with Grand Design. I do not think the center location for the WD is the best solution.

Charles
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Congrats!!! That's the one my wife really wants. I had to explain to her that I didn't care what they dealer said, I was not towing that with my 2500! LOL! Yes, the dealer really was trying to convince my wife that I just didn't want it, the 2500s pull these all the time. Now, every time we pass a solitude my wife checks to see if a 2500/150 is in front of it. There have been quite a few....
      2022 Reflection 31 MB w/ Goose Box
      2021 Chevy 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jchism777 View Post
        Transport company just delivered out new Solitude 378MBS-R 5th Wheel! We are excited and disappointed. We love the mid-bunk design and all the features of the Solitude. We are however disappointed with the bedroom closet design. We wanted the layout with the closet on the left and washer/dryer prep on the right as shown in the brochures. When we received the VIN we even called the factory and were assured that was the layout we were getting, but when it actually arrived the washer/dryer prep was in the center with closet and drawers on either side. This is a terrible design! We are still waiting on a dually truck to pull our new Solitude and had a transport company deliver it to our campground. Upon delivery and setup, leveling and opening the slides we discovered why this is such a terrible design. One of the drawers on the left closet had opened and was damaged by the bedroom slide trying to extend. Fortunately the slide stopped and does not appear to be damaged. We will somehow have to get the damaged drawer repaired and forever crawl over the bed before opening the bedroom slide to make sure a drawer has not popped open after traveling.
        Congrats on the new trailer. DW and I have had ours for about 2 months now. We found one at the dealer with the W/D prep on the right side and love that layout. We saw one after that has the center W/D layout and DW didn't like it as much. I am sure you will love it once you have used it though. The new layout gives a lot more drawer space than ours. We only have drawers in the dresser so space is limited there.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Welcome to the group and the GD Family. Our Momentum has drawers on a peninsula that face forward and have been knowing to open on a hard braking maneuver (I'll never understand why people insist on cutting in front of me and hitting their brakes). We solved this by installing sliding door locks on each drawer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191119 Hook and Eye.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	91277
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually
          Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
          X