Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Owners of first TT, 2021 GD Imagine 17MKE XLS, New to the Rv world August 2022.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owners of first TT, 2021 GD Imagine 17MKE XLS, New to the Rv world August 2022.

We purchased a month ago, towed it home, and have since been making it our own. I had difficulty installing a Rohent HD Digital RV Backup Camera into the Furrion rear view camera connection. When I powered both the camera and screen together in the truck cab, all worked great. When I plugged the camera into the prewired connection, I seemed to have no power. 7-pin is plugged in, lights on (in case that matters), the screen is on but no apparent power to camera. The battery switch is on. Not sure where to check next. Has anyone run into this issue and might be able to help?

2021 Grand Design Imagine 17MKE XLS
    2017 Toyota Tacoma SR5 V6
    Clueless campers, but learning quickly
    Shane & Annette
    Dillon & Ali, Min Golden Doodles
    New to camping, learning the ropes
    2021 GD Imagine 17MKE XLS
    2017 Toyota Taco, SR5, V6

Check for power at the camera. Some of the newer trucks use PWM to power the marker lights which is where the camera power comes from.

Also several have found bad connections (hence the check for power) behind the camera or at the marker light above the camera which powers the camera.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you Joseph for the quick response. I went back out this AM and metered the prewired connection and found full 12 V supplied. Do not know what gremlin fixed it for me overnight? I know there are several errors in the above installation.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1428.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	95419

1. Camera is upside down, but the image flipped easily on the screen
      2. Antennae out the side and not upward.
      3. Adjustability of the up/down movement at a full stop in either of 2 possible settings.
      4. Open hole in the RIGHT UPPER side of the pre-installed mount.
      5. Refridgerator access plate difficult to open.

The only solution for all of these problems that I can think of is to drill into the top of the dome and use the adaptor plate made for the Furrion mount only to run the cable out through the tight grommet and cover the open hole on the top with silicone caulk or black Gorilla tape. A small patch of Eternabond tape would probably last longer but would stand out on the black dome.

Any better options would be greatly appreciated. I have searched for YouTube and manufacturer installation videos and instructions to no avail.

Thanking you in advance, I love the usefulness of this site and all of the wisdom shared freely, Shane
      Last edited by aPair'OMacs; 09-22-2022, 01:45 PM.
      Shane & Annette
      Dillon & Ali, Min Golden Doodles
      New to camping, learning the ropes
      2021 GD Imagine 17MKE XLS
      2017 Toyota Taco, SR5, V6

Comment

Working...
      X