Bearing Lube System Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing Lube System Question

Just bought the Imagine MKE17. Can't seem to find any info on what type of bearing lubrication system it has. I've had past trailers with the Dexter EZ Lube system, and I know all the conversations about how some use them and others say don't, but I'm just trying to find out if this trailer came with them or not.

Your axle spindles likely have grease zerk fittings because both LCI and Dexter use common parts between trailer axles that stay above water and boat trailer axles that get submerged. If you check your owner’s manual, this will guide you on whether the grease fitting can be used or the hubs should be pulled to grease the bearings and inspect the brakes.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

If you can get under the unit and take a picture of the tags on the axles, it will have some information including MFG and Serial number. If it's a Dexter a call to them will get you a complete build sheet with part numbers.

I think GD has been using the EZLube or LCI equivalent vs the never lube. Rob of Cate&Rob or one of the other moderators probably has more in formation on what axle style GD is most likely to have used.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

The pictures I saw showed a center cap with the removable cover in the center, If you pry that cap off and see a rubber plug inside the grease fitting is likely behind that.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X