Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galley slide roof is bowed.... rain water puddling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galley slide roof is bowed.... rain water puddling.

Hi there,
    I'm hoping Emily will have an answer for me on this concern.

While getting ready to leave a campsite, after an extended stay, I went up on roof to sweep off leaves off slide tops.
    It had rained a lot the night before and I found standing water in middle of galley slide roof extending about 3-4 ft each way from the center.

Seems to be a downward bow and I do not remember ever seeing standing water on any of my slide roofs before ??
    When I got to storage yard, I stretched a mason's line across the roof from end to end and sure enough it bows down @ 1/8" ... maybe 3/16".

I'm concerned puddling water will eventually breach the seal tape and leak into sidewall or slide roof.
    This appears to be a structural issue but I have not ascertained if the bow is evident on the galley floor as well ??
    I'm concerned the 3/4" plywood slide bottom floor wasn't sufficient to maintain the integrity of the slide's construction.

What does Grand Design recommend I do ??
    The unit is well within the 3 year structural warranty (delivered on Feb 2, 2017.)

Michael

Michael

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

GDRV-Emily
    GDRV-Megan
    Jim and Ginnie
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

Da Breeze This is something that we will need to get over to our customer relations team in order for them to properly assess this. Can you shoot your VIN and contact info over to me via PM so that I can create a case and get someone in contact with you? Please be prepared with some pictures as they will more than likely need those for your case. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
        Da Breeze This is something that we will need to get over to our customer relations team in order for them to properly assess this. Can you shoot your VIN and contact info over to me via PM so that I can create a case and get someone in contact with you? Please be prepared with some pictures as they will more than likely need those for your case. Thanks!!
        Thanks for your expeditious response Megan !!
        Please give Emily my regards.

Ok,..... so I think the best manner to document photos would be to actually pour water on the slide roof and photo the retention puddle.
        In order to get a pic of the slide floor, I may need to position a straightedge across the span and secure it to photograph any bowing.
        Cannot see end to end very clearly bc of the slide tubes, but I'll have a good idea to relay.

I'll take a ride down today, if it doesn't rain( which is expected), OTW I'll send all this to you in a PM ( if that's what you prefer ?) .... as soon as the weather clears this weekend...

Thanks again...

Michael
        Michael

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat LB 25 row aux transmission cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 Performance chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks, 152 K

2017 307 MKS 9,875 UVW 12,995 GVWR 1,605 Pin wt.

Comment

Da Breeze you can send me the pictures in a PM.

Comment

Working...
          X