Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

Custom orders - wheelchair access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom orders - wheelchair access

Hi there
    I would love to buy a GD trailer but I'm in a wheelchair full-time. There are a couple models I've seen that might work well but access is always an issue. Is it possible to order a trailer with an extra wide door so that I can install a wheelchair lift to get into the trailer?

If that's possible, I would request a few modifications to the bathroom as well.

Looking forward to an answer!
    Jesse

notwoodward
    Hi Jesse,

You have accessed a Grand Design owners technical forum. While there are likely other owners on here who would like to know the answers to your questions, we cannot speak on behalf of Grand Design. I would suggest that you reach out to their Customer Service line at 574-825-9676 with your inquiry.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package
    Aylmer, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by notwoodward View Post
      Hi there
      I would love to buy a GD trailer but I'm in a wheelchair full-time. There are a couple models I've seen that might work well but access is always an issue. Is it possible to order a trailer with an extra wide door so that I can install a wheelchair lift to get into the trailer?

If that's possible, I would request a few modifications to the bathroom as well.

Looking forward to an answer!
      Jesse
      Good afternoon! Thanks for your inquiry! Unfortunately, we aren't able to do any type of custom builds on our units. I have been told that there are companies that do modify RVs for wheelchair accessibility. This does not affect the warranty, and Grand Design will provide prints when requested for these types of modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Good afternoon! Thanks for your inquiry! Unfortunately, we aren't able to do any type of custom builds on our units. I have been told that there are companies that do modify RVs for wheelchair accessibility. This does not affect the warranty, and Grand Design will provide prints when requested for these types of modifications.
        Hi Megan, thank you for your response. It was helpful and appreciated. When you say "Grand Design will provide prints when requested" what does that include? Can I request those or does it have to be through a dealer? I'm working with a dealership now on a 2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH. Can I get drawings with measurements and wiring diagrams and such?

Thanks again?

Comment

Originally posted by notwoodward View Post

Hi Megan, thank you for your response. It was helpful and appreciated. When you say "Grand Design will provide prints when requested" what does that include? Can I request those or does it have to be through a dealer? I'm working with a dealership now on a 2021 Grand Design Transcend Xplor 265BH. Can I get drawings with measurements and wiring diagrams and such?

Thanks again?
          If you private message me your VIN, I can provide that information over to you.

Comment

Working...
          X