Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

White Exterior on Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
    I watched the Reflection video--there's EGS (electro-galvanized steel) backing above the tires, not aluminum. EGS is the same material used in the structure where something is bolted to the RV (ladder, cabinets, etc).

I'd be very interested to see the actual implementation of this on a 315RLTS. I just realized I've taken this way OT...so back to the "white exterior"!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard, 2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My 2 cents is that we love our 3 week old Solitude's tan exterior. GD made lots of changes in the 12 weeks between placing our order and taking delivery, many of which we don't care for. But if the exterior had changed to white in this time, we would have refused the unit. For this much money, I expect something other than white. Or I could go find a nice used 2006 Montana. Full body paint not a practical option for us either. Expensive, and difficult to keep clean (been there, done that). If GD feels a need to make a change, then alter the graphics.
      Dave and Darren
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW, pullrite 2600, timbrens
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles) VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/tasmanian devil furbabies

Comment

Well, now I've watched the video, and I have a little more to say. It seems we have most all of the changes on our unit, except for the white. Not all are bad, just different from the unit we saw at the dealer just before we placed the order for our 390RK-R. We do absolutely love the new gray wood color. Looks very high end. And the new wall treatment at the entertainment center.

Dislikes: Squared off, band-aid selling countertop edges. One control system. Have a formal request in through our dealer management for the components needed to remove the leveling function from it. We tried to request through our area rep that this not be included on our unit, but he failed to respond for several weeks. Other issue with it is lighting. Only four lighting circuits are on it; two of which I want to install dimmers but can't as is. The new shower: No water shutoff at shower heads ( I found some inline ones at Lowe's for about $6); uses an excess amount of water that a 12 gallon water heater is challenged to keep up with (maybe this fixture should be paired with a tankless Truma unit, but I wouldn't want that either). After a bit of a learning curve, we are now getting along with it. The clear shower doors will never look clean due to water spots, etc. Would have preferred the previous version, with the frosted rainfall glass. No seat in the enclosure to set stuff on, and "rainfall" ridges in the fiberglass surround which precludes suction cups for a shelf, etc. Tiny stainless steel (really?) bathroom sinks. Also never look clean. The sink from underneath is some sort of cast resin with a top stainless liner.

Overall, we are very happy with our unit. It seems well built and solid. After a 1200 mile trip and two weeks in it from brand new, we have only found a few mostly minor defects. Very refreshing after the last two other brand units we had.

Back to the white exterior, I also feel that there would be fewer truck colors that would be complementary to the white. In foul weather, my Brownstone Chevy and the tan/beige Solitude (and previous trailer same color) hardly look dirty. The white is going to show all of the dirt from the road spray of wet roads, whereas the beige sort of "absorbs" it. Another reason I wouldn't do the full body paint again.
        Dave and Darren
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW, pullrite 2600, timbrens
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles) VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/tasmanian devil furbabies

Comment

GDRV-Megan -- post 32 and 33 is from an actual owner of a new Solitude. Hope you're keeping up with the comments!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard, 2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I don't get the white will look dirty and the tan won't. The only part on our Momentum that looks dirty is anything that's black (nose, fenders, etc.).
            Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
            2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
            2020 Momentum 351M
            2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Maybe a poll is in order...

Comment

My wife and I just placed an order for a new Solitude S-class and we are looking forward to getting it in a White exterior. We were also told that the “Linen” color interior has been discontinued and we will be receiving it in a new color called “Cotton”. They started using the “Cotton” color on Jan 26 2021. It is a much lighter color and will go well with the new exterior color. Hopefully they will be changing the website soon to reflect the new interior color.

Comment

Originally posted by Mwestall View Post
                  My wife and I just placed an order for a new Solitude S-class and we are looking forward to getting it in a White exterior. We were also told that the “Linen” color interior has been discontinued and we will be receiving it in a new color called “Cotton”. They started using the “Cotton” color on Jan 26 2021. It is a much lighter color and will go well with the new exterior color. Hopefully they will be changing the website soon to reflect the new interior color.
                  Congrats on your new unit!! We are currently taking updated photos for our website and will update as soon as we have those ready.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Congrats on your new unit!! We are currently taking updated photos for our website and will update as soon as we have those ready.
                    Megan - does this mean that the updated photos will include interior as well as a new white exterior ?

Dan
                    Dan & Carol
                    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Megan - does this mean that the updated photos will include interior as well as a new white exterior ?

Dan
                      Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Yes, that is correct.
                        Thanks, Megan ! Look forward to seeing the interior and exterior pictures.

Dan
                        Dan & Carol

Comment

We like white since our Imagine is white but I also have admired the tan colored rigs. Since the census is 50/50 maybe to offer both would sell more rigs.

Jim
                          2017 Imagine 2600RB
                          2015 GMC Sierra 4x4

Comment

Megan GDRV-Megan - saw a bunch of new white Solitudes out on a (may be the) major RVs For Sale Site last week. They are hitting the dealers lots and being posted over the last several days.
                            I saw that our local dealer just got a 390. Carol and I took a look at it on Saturday and really liked what we saw.

Dan
                            Dan & Carol

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                              Megan GDRV-Megan - saw a bunch of new white Solitudes out on a (may be the) major RVs For Sale Site last week. They are hitting the dealers lots and being posted over the last several days.
                              I saw that our local dealer just got a 390. Carol and I took a look at it on Saturday and really liked what we saw.

Dan
                              I saw a sneak peek video yesterday, and I think a lot of customers are going to be very happy! They look sharp!

Comment

Working...
                              X