Residential Refrigerator switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential Refrigerator switch

Why in the world did they wire my refrigerator switch to all the receptacles, TV and the central vacuum ?
    Barry & Karen
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Originally posted by Mopar Man View Post
    Why in the world did they wire my refrigerator switch to all the receptacles, TV and the central vacuum ?
    Refrigerator switch? Do you mean receptacle?

Jim
    The moderators for this site are not GDRV employees, but we do own GDRV products.

Jim and Ginnie
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

My new 310gk-r has no way of shutting off the refrigerator other than they have wired it to a breaker. When you flip the breaker off that is labeled refrigerator it kills everything else, all receptacles, TV,and central vacuum. Just think that's crazy.
      Barry & Karen
      2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I have never seen a refrigerator without a shut off on the fridge itself. Sometimes it is behind the doors such that you must open the door to see it. This would be on an RV type fridge.

If this is a residential fridge, then you may have to shut it off inside the fridge itself. I would be surprised if you can only shut it off by circuit breaker.
        Tony G
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
        2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
        KTM 250XC

Comment

We also have the Samsung residential fridge. You can shut off the ice maker, fridge & freezer with the controls at the top when you open the doors. BUT, the light still works when you open the doors, If defrosting overnight prior to leaving it (or moving to new location), you have to leave the fridge doors open with light on inside (prefer dark rooms when sleeping). Fridge receptacle is way up high and behind it where you can’t reach it. Fridge breaker isn’t connected to the fridge, but to other receptacles for the tv etc. Breaker that does shut off the fridge also shuts off receptacles for counter top, island and bunk room. No idea if it’s wired to provide inverter power to the fridge circuit. I still need to trace it all out. No problems yet but annoying that you can’t unplug it, and can’t shut it off with a breaker without killing power to other stuff; and that the designated breaker for it is incorrect.

Not really a problem when there isn’t YET a problem, but . . . someday it will matter. And, GD doesn’t have wiring diagrams; so it’s evidently up to each electrician how they wire stuff. It’d be nice if at least the breaker labels were accurate. As with any other mfg’r, customer satisfaction isn’t driven only by the design, but how well the design is implemented; details matter!

Sorry, but the post served to bring up an issue limited to those of us with residential fridges, so I wanted to chip in to show there are more of us with their concern. But as my DW and I sometimes say, this is another example of a 1st world problem.

Happy Camping 😜
          Doug & Barb
          Doug & Barb
          2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
          2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
          No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
          Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

My 2022 Solitude's Samsung has no controls at top, there are some at lower right when you open door, but wasn't aware you could shut it off there. Will investigate further when I get it back from dealer. After owning it for 2 weeks today and using it for 3 nights, had to return it for some serious repair issues. As they say we are not Happy Camper's. Thanks for your response.
            Barry & Karen
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

At least you got the residential fridge when my wife and i got our 2021 376THS Momentum back in April we did not know that we had a choice of residential style versus the norcold i was looking in the build and price section on the GD website and it plainly said you had a choice boy our dealer really pulled one over on us

Comment

Originally posted by campman View Post
                At least you got the residential fridge when my wife and i got our 2021 376THS Momentum back in April we did not know that we had a choice of residential style versus the norcold i was looking in the build and price section on the GD website and it plainly said you had a choice boy our dealer really pulled one over on us
                Sorry to hear your misfortune. I'm thinking Grand Design pulled one over on me. Had unit 2 weeks and used it 3 nights, back at dealer with what I'd call major issues. POOR QUALITY CONTROL or no quality control.
                Barry & Karen
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I hope they get you fixed up my friend There`s nothing worse than right out of the dealership with problems I know i had a 2019 RV won`t name the brand and it stayed at the dealer more than it stayed with us. That`s why we went with GD

Comment

Mopar Man
                    Your package of information that came with your Solitude should have a Samsung booklet about the fridge and it’s controls. The Solitude manual does not have specifics about the individual appliances, thermostats etc. Have to look at the individual pamphlets for each supplier item.

Doug
                    Doug & Barb
                    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
                    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
                    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by campman View Post
                      I hope they get you fixed up my friend There`s nothing worse than right out of the dealership with problems I know i had a 2019 RV won`t name the brand and it stayed at the dealer more than it stayed with us. That`s why we went with GD
                      We had same issue with the 5 th wheel we bought last year. We had it for 9 months and it was at the dealer more than we had it, couldn't take any more so we ordered the Solitude. Hope this isn't starting all over again.
                      Barry & Karen
                      2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I`ll say this about the Norcold we have Its the 2118 model we`ve had it since april and the doors are not staying shut completely and i`am already being told to take the doors off and shim them at the bottom with 5/16 plastic or brass shims. I am not doing that on a brand new unit . Ether GD or Norldcold is going correct that issue. That`s a warranty problem I already been through this with last 5th wheel toy hauler we had. I hope i don`t go down that expensive road again.

Comment

Update on my Norcold refrigerator.Called Norcold customer service and they put me with a mobile tech in my area. he came out and everyone on here was right. They told him to shim the right door to fix the problem and it did. Just so you will know his service charge was $100.00 for something i could have fixed myself. But it was under warranty and you never know. Plus i asked them could i fix it and they said no.

Comment

Working...
                          X