No announcement yet.

Residential Refrigerator switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave, Thanks for your response. The issue is not powering up the refrigerator, but being able to turn it off and still have the rest off the receptacles and central vacuum working. There are times when parked at home that we don't need the refrigerator running, but would like to run the central vacuum, TV, and recliners, etc.
    Barry & Karen
    2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by Mopar Man View Post
      My new 310gk-r has no way of shutting off the refrigerator other than they have wired it to a breaker. When you flip the breaker off that is labeled refrigerator it kills everything else, all receptacles, TV,and central vacuum. Just think that's crazy.
      As others have said, there's sure to be a switch on the refer unit to switch it off, but you are correct that GD daisy-chains the refer circuit with other devices. I didn't like that, so I created a dedicated circuit for the refer in my breaker panel and ran dedicated wiring. My refer is in a slideout, and if that's the case for you, you'll need to make sure the wire that runs in the slideout is properly spliced, secured, and can flex.

-Steve
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
      X