Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcend xplor 200MK @ 6 months

Hello,

We purchased our TT in March of this year. Here is the feedback so far.

1. We have had a number of issues. I have resolved most of them myself (except for the bold items). They would have all been covered under warranty but we were using the camper at the time and they needed to be fixed. These items include the following:
    a. Water pump fitting was not tightened, system would not hold pressure.
    b. Faucet connector loose causing a water leak under the sink.
    c. LED switch on the tongue jack failed (GD provided the part but I repaired it).
    d. Air Conditioner connector became disconnected, AC wouldn't work.
    e. Exterior Edge trim lower front drivers side came off - I re-glued it.
    f. Interior trim on the slide out face plate became un-glued.
    g. There is leak under the awning near the RV door because the water channel on the roof is globbed up with too much silicone sealant (used to seal the channel seam).
    h. The shower controls PEX fitting leaks (hot water side). It is not the screw fitting but the interface between the PEX pipe and the fitting. No amount of tightening will solve this. The fitting has to be replaced.

2. Here are some suggestions for product improvements
    a. The roof drip spouts are right over the front pass through access doors. These should be moved to somewhere else.
    b. The solar panel connectors should be industry standard instead of Furrion Proprietary. This would make it easier to upgrade the solar system.
    c. There is wasted space above the water heater that could be used for additional storage.
    d. I prefer shelves in the closets instead of hangers - the closets are very deep and shelves would be more efficient.
    e. a small lip on the front of the storage above the beds so things cant slide out.
    f. maxxair fans (or similar) - the fans included with the camper are simply terrible.

Overall we still like the camper. We have used it about 35 days so far this year. However, I am very concerned about the number of problems. At this point I don't know that I would buy another Grand Design in the future.

Best Regards,
    Randy and Anne

GDRV-Mariah (if I guessed right)

Here some feedback for the Transcend team.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.2017 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
    2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      GDRV-Mariah (if I guessed right)

Here some feedback for the Transcend team.

Brian
      Brian - I show that GDRV-Brittany has the Transcend line.

Jim

P.S. Solitude and Momentum (Megan), Reflection (Mariah), Imagine and Transcend (Brittany).
      The moderators for this site are not GDRV employees, but we do own GDRV products.

Jim and Ginnie
      2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

In this day and age its hard to believe they cant get the gutter material in a continuous piece. The guttera on my house are over 50ft with no seams, seems like an easy thing to resolve considering how many people have had this issue.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 Home gutters are so thin just sneezing on them is like to cause the sheeting to rip. Likewise the machines used to take a 100' or longer roll of vinyl coated aluminum and shape it like a gutter in under 10' have fallen in price to where a lot of companies now offer seamless.

For RV stuff, yeah it's probably made in 1000' or longer runs if they were not continually cutting them to "standard" lengths. Remember the longer the piece the more costly to ship, the more people it takes to install, and when damaged, the more difficult to repair (and costly).

I do agree that a little planning would make the seams fall in better locations. Something as simple as starting with a 1/4 or 1/2 piece moves all of the seams.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Most shipping trailers are longer than our RV's, they dont ship frames to the GD factory in 2 pieces
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

even in the shipping world, there are up charges once things reach a certain length. I would not be surprised if the length is determined by container shipping dimensions
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2018 GMC K2500 Denali Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X