• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theater seats tables loose

How can I tighten the table holes in the arms of the seats

Originally posted by Ed Champlin View Post
    How can I tighten the table holes in the arms of the seats
    Going to need a little more info. Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? Not all of us have the tables that insert into the arm rests so if you could please get us some more info that would be fantastic.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It has been a while since I had the nut holding the tray socket in place back off, but I'll do my best to recall the steps.

First step is to get some baseline measurements on the location of the recliner so that it can be put back in its original location.

Second step is to turn the recliner on its side. This will require unscrewing it from the floor, usually two screws, and unhooking it from any adjacent recliner or love seat. Look closely at the hooked connection. Depending on the orientation, you may have to remove both recliners to free up the one you're working on.

Third is to remove the bottom cloth at the arm where the tray socket is located. If the nut has backed all the way off, it is time to try and fine it. If not, it is time to remove it. As I recall, it was something of a tight fit but I was able to get my large hand inside the arm of the chair.

Fourth is reinstall the nut with a lock washer in place.

Fifth, put everything back together in reverse order. A stapler will help secure the bottom cloth back in place.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Ed Champlin I have pulled mined twice and tightened the nuts and not a great result. First time there was a bit of looseness, second time, not so much.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells, did you add a lock washer when you reinstalled the nut? Using a nylock nut would be another option. If the nut has been tightened to the point that the wood has been depressed, a large fender washer might also be needed to provide something to tighten the nut against.
          John
          2018 Momentum 395M
          2018 Ram 3500 Dually

Comment

JBill9694 I honestly don't remember, but I think I just tightened them.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells, as you've probably already figured out, the wood beneath the nut is probably crushed. Add that the threads on the coil rod and the nut are coarse, and it is easy to see why the nut loosens over time. A large fender washer to spread the load over a larger surface area on the wood to prevent crushing and a split lock washer between the fender washer and the nut to provide constant tension on the nut will solve the problem.
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually

Comment

Working...
              X