screen door protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screen door protector

Hi, have 221rb I wanting to put on a bottom door screen protector for our rig, have a new dog fear that the door screen is going to get ripped, are these standard sizes as going to like Lowe or ?? looking at sizes and picking up one or are trailers different?
    Thanks
    2020 Transcend 221RB

Hey there. I measured my door, and bought one at Lowes that I had to modify. But Lippert (door manufacturer) now manufactures them specifically for this application.

Here's an Amazon link. Just measure your door width and pick the correct size.

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

eagledad ,
      I installed the Lippert device Jim referenced in post 2 -- works great.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks I will look into it.
        2020 Transcend 221RB

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Hey there. I measured my door, and bought one at Lowes that I had to modify. But Lippert (door manufacturer) now manufactures them specifically for this application.

Here's an Amazon link. Just measure your door width and pick the correct size.

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Jim
          How much did you have to modify it to work? Did you measure the door around where screen is in? How was the price for something like that? Thanks
          2020 Transcend 221RB

Comment

Wow, It's been six years, so it's straining my memory. I'll guess I had to pay $25-30 back then. The only thing I had to do was to shorten the metal tabs. Where you see the screws in the photo, the tabs were orginally about 3" long. I think the screen was in the window hardware section.

JIm Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Door Protector.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	103248
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We bought the Lippert screen protector. We have a Double Merle Aussie with severe vision impairment. First it was bright masking tape so she could see the barrier, and that worked until our Rat Terrorist jumped through the screen to defend his territory, and then came the screen defender.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

X4 on the Lippert Screen Defenders; installed them on both Momentum doors and the two dogs readily recognize there is something there. Work great!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenDefender.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	103316
                Last edited by Craig Carter; 01-16-2023, 04:52 PM.
                2020 Momentum 349M
                2019 F350 Platinum Super Duty
                U.S. Air Force Retired

Comment

Working...
                X