drawer removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawer removal

I have a 2021 GD Imagine 2800BH. I was going to winterize but need to know how to remove the drawers in the kitchen. Don't see any kind of release on the side of the drawers when extended and I would hate to mess them up. Thanks
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

There should be a black tab on each of the drawer slides. On mine, one tab pinches up and the tab on the opposite slide pinches down. Pull the drawer out far enough to pinch the tabs, then continue pulling straight out until the slides are free from the guides. To re-install, align the slides in the guides and push the drawer to fully closed.

Mike
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1674011130.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.1 KB ID:	103462
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

With full extension slides typically as mentioned by Mike there are some type of tab that is exposed when fully extended. You may need to push the drawer back in 1/4"-1/2" to release pressure on the tab. Some tabs are harder than others.

There are a few full extension that have a push in style release, but those are not common.

When reinstalling, note that the part left in the cabinet is several pieces. I find it easiest to pull the bearing race to the front, then with one track pulled out 1"-2" farther than the other but still mostly collapsed, insert the most exposed side, followed by the other and fully close the drawer. Note that the second slide to engage may not start on the first attempt. In this case pull the drawer out fully and on the non connected side thread the 2 pieces together by hand pulling the slide onto the drawer about 6". Then push closed so the latches grab. The second slide sometimes does not grab as they "float" a bit to minimize or eliminate binding if the drawer is not 10000% perfect in sizing or slightly not parallel on the sides.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X