Drawer slide replacement, how to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawer slide replacement, how to order

I have one slide that had decided to execute itself and needs replacement. I looked at the parts list on the GD parts page and it states the bracket cabinet member can be ordered from a GD dealer. I seem to recall a post somewhere that parts can now be ordered directly from GD and not from a dealer. Is there a way to do this?
    Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
    TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

BobinICT

Hi Bob. You can order parts via email from retailparts@granddesignrv.com.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

It might be more time and cost efficient to take the broken drawer slide to Home Depot or similar and look for replacements that fit the same space. The OE slides are nothing special.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Pretty much any full extension slide will work. Just get the proper length.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          It might be more time and cost efficient to take the broken drawer slide to Home Depot or similar and look for replacements that fit the same space. The OE slides are nothing special.

Rob
          Agreed! I've replace a couple of OEM slides with some from Home Depot, just because the OEM slides were so cheaply made and sloppy to use.
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll take one to Home Depot and see what I can find.
            Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
            TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Funny, I need to replace the slides in 2 of my drawers in my 2018 337RLS. The problem with going to Home Depot or Lowe's is the back bracket that the slides insert into are 1.5" width where the slides you buy from the stores are 1.77". So you must replace the back brackets as well. And to make matters worse, the rear bracket is secured (in my RV) on a mount with staples. So, I have to remove the mount and bracket, and install a new bracket to get the slides to work. Or, order them from GD and they just slide right in to the existing bracket, no modification necessary. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Comment

When I did mine I built up structure on the sides of the cabinet and screwed the slides directly to that.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

As Neil mentions, you can make a structure to support the slides. Or, a cabinet makers trick to get the drawer to close properly is to make 2 runners to mount the slides to Usually the length from back of face to the rear whatever will support it, then cut a cross piece the exact width of the opening. Make a U out of the 3 pieces, attach the slides to the side runners and then to the face frame (use the slide to hold the sides in place), then when you stick the drawer in the hole, you can adjust the slides up, down, or side to side to make it fit flat to the face frame. Once you get it like you like it, pop a couple of brads in it, then remove drawer and screw, staple or nail it in place.

This ensures that the drawer guides do not get too tight or loose at the back which in turn cause the full extensions sides to bind and fail. Too tight is better than too loose b/c loose means it's pulling the balls out of the track vs pushing into.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by schuess60 View Post
                    Funny, I need to replace the slides in 2 of my drawers in my 2018 337RLS. The problem with going to Home Depot or Lowe's is the back bracket that the slides insert into are 1.5" width where the slides you buy from the stores are 1.77". So you must replace the back brackets as well. And to make matters worse, the rear bracket is secured (in my RV) on a mount with staples. So, I have to remove the mount and bracket, and install a new bracket to get the slides to work. Or, order them from GD and they just slide right in to the existing bracket, no modification necessary. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.
                    I bought replacements from Bontrager's Surplus. https://bontragers.com/rv-supplies-accessories/

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I ordered these for my pot and pan drawer under my range. It's a very large drawer, so it's no surprise that the original slides failed. I am surprised that they lasted as long as they did. These slides appear to be very well made. I have not installed them yet but will soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	KV8400rv.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	106340
                      Mike and (RIP Karen)
                      2021 2600RB
                      2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Working...
                      X