Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'23 337RLS - Coat hangers behind bedroom door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '23 337RLS - Coat hangers behind bedroom door?

okay, so I am looking to put a couple of coat hangers somewhere for hanging up some light jackets and stuff we need off and on. I got to looking and I think this spot right behind the bedroom door would work well. I know for some interior walls people use those expandable anchors but this is an exterior wall and I want to make sure I don't cause myself any problems. I've only had the trailer a few weeks and trying to treat it with kid gloves for a long time.

Has anyone else put anything up in this area and if so what did you use, any problems, concerns etc?

Jeff
    2017 F250 FX4, B&W Companion
    2023 Reflection 337RLS

I went with a chrome rack that hangs over the door rather than mounting anything to the wall. https://a.co/d/3WDGO58
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

I used a stud finder to locate the aluminum framing and then secured a nicely stained and varnished 1x4 horizontally to the framing. The clothes hooks then went into the 1x4 at the correct spacing.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Thanks Scott, that’s a simple solution for sure.
        Jeff
        2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Thanks John, that answers the question about if the stuff finder can find them or not. I did the knock test and it sounded fairly solid up there. I know we have different trailers but do you remember how long a screw you used on the 1x4?
          Jeff
          2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I would not penetrate the wall by more than 1" to be on the safe side. The wall thickness is about 1-1/2" or so.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian.

while out today, I found this on clearance- this will definitely work for now and I also have enough information from y’all to confidently put in one on the side wall if I get to that point.

Jeff
              2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Techwiz, what Country Campers said. I've slept since I put the board up but I think it was about 1 /12" total length. Predrilled into the studs, aluminum with no wood filler, a size smaller than the screw and hand tighten.
                John
                2018 Momentum 395M
                2018 Ram 3500 Dually

Comment

Another thought, the hinges on the interior doors are not very robust. Please be careful of how much weight is put on the over the door hangers.
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually

Comment

Thanks John. Yes, I'd noticed the hinges weren't the strongest - I'll keep it light on there and I'll find the studs and add a little bit more hangers there. Can't really have too many hangers :-)
                    Jeff
                    2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I have used Hillman "High & Mighty" picture hangers on that wall just across the bathroom door to hold a big corkboard. They poke 2 smaller holes in the wall that disappear if you remove the hanger. They hold fast and come in different sized for weight. May not work for this application but worked for me on that very wall.
                      SATA Adventurers
                      Steve and Tina
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS
                      2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Thanks Sata, I saw something similar to those on amazon the other day and wondered how they would work (for a dry erase board) I'll pick some up to add down the road.
                        Jeff
                        2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

I mounted this strip with 5 short screws (hand tightened) and double-sided tape (to prevent vibration and loosening). Did the same with 2 hook strips over the top of the shower for towels and such. 2 years and close to 30000 miles with no issues.

Also, because the coats put slight pressure on the door, we added the magnetic door catch. Works great, and even keeps it open while traveling.
                          Mark & Kim Donnell
                          Donnells On The Road!
                          Fulltime since May 2021, somewhere in America, with our cats Iris & Rose.
                          '21 303RLS + '20 Chevy 2500HD diesel.
                          Our long RV Mods list (ask!) -
                          https://tinyurl.com/MyRvMods

Comment

Thanks Mark. I picked up a magnetic door catch this afternoon because even fully level my door tends to slowly swing closed. I'm going to add a couple of hooks to the bathroom as well.
                            Jeff
                            2023 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Techwiz View Post
                              Thanks Sata, I saw something similar to those on amazon the other day and wondered how they would work (for a dry erase board) I'll pick some up to add down the road.
                              They are still working great! We do take the board down during travel but when parked that is up quickly! It's our memory board of places we have been so fun to have.
                              SATA Adventurers
                              Steve and Tina
                              2021 Reflection 337RLS
                              2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Working...
                              X