Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloths hangers

Hello,
    Before I get into my issue and the fix, I want to note that my wife told me to take cloths off the cloths rack before traveling. She was able to say "told ya so twice"

While traveling across the state of Alabama we hit some very rough roads. I leave all my cloths hanging in my closets, and the weight is not what I feel excessive on the pole. When we got to our first stop, all the plastic holders for the cloths pole (8 of them) had broken. I was not close to a RV store, but I am sure they only carry the plastic mounts.
    I went to Home Depot and found these mounts. They are 1 1/2 and the pole is 1 5/16, so there is some room. I chose the solid rings on both sides, so a person needs to by two kits per pole.

I also moved them up as you can see in the picture. You still have enough room to get the hangers off. In the rear closets next to the bed, I only moved them up as high as the support board would allow (no picture). I made sure to use the same size screws and checked to make sure there was no noticeable obstructions.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Jeff Barta
    Dang, jeff, those must have very rough roads! I-10 across Louisiana is the worst I've experienced. One thing about these RVs is there's always something to fix (and improve). Long way to say "Nice job".
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X