Fishing Pole Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Pole Storage

Been needing a better place to store fishing poles for a long time. I bought a 4 pole holder I think from Cabelas and was looking for the best place to install. Candidates were under the bottom bunk bed and the passthrough. The passthrough won. I took and cut some 5/8" plywood to fit so that the mounting surface would be lower, otherwise the pokes would bend and hit the aluminum supports on the roof of the passthrough. I did not extend the plywood down flush because the mounts extended the center of the pole storage down on their own. I left it recessed in between the aluminum and but the plywood larger than I needed in case I needed additional recessed mounting surface for other projects/ideas. Here are a few pictures.

Very pleased with how it turned out. On the end of the pole side, I ended up taping a little bit of paracord 550 via electric tape to one of the aluminum supports from the ceiling to prevent contact with the rod and insulate it a bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230517_034159385.jpg
Views:	1758
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	112579

Name:	PXL_20230517_040513118.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	112580

Name:	PXL_20230517_040437276.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	112581

Name:	PXL_20230517_034111919.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	112582

Name:	PXL_20230517_034141190.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	112583
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    Been needing a better place to store fishing poles for a long time...
    Nice install - I need to do something like that to. Right now I have metal shelving in the front bay and use bungy cords to hold them in place as the lay on top. Now for the important question. I have never seen using pull string bags around the reels. May I ask where you got them? They looked like they are shaped for the reel handle too.

Thanks
    Keith
    Last edited by howson; 05-20-2023, 11:55 AM. Reason: Trimmed quote for readibility.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Nice install - I need to do something like that to. Right now I have metal shelving in the front bay and use bungy cords to hold them in place as the lay on top. Now for the important question. I have never seen using pull string bags around the reels. May I ask where you got them? They looked like they are shaped for the reel handle too.

Thanks
      Keith
      They were. I think I got these from Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop. I might be these:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/offs...ing-reel-cover

I bought both so long ago....this might be the holder or at least similiar.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bass...ontal-rod-rack

In the above link it does not look like the handle would go in...they may have updated the product since I bought it. I have had it for a couple of years, just waiting to climb the upgrade list.

https://www.amazon.com/Berkley-Twist...76&sr=8-5&th=1
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bellis View Post

They were. I think I got these from Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop. I might be these:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/offs...ing-reel-cover

I bought both so long ago....this might be the holder or at least similiar.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/bass...ontal-rod-rack

In the above link it does not look like the handle would go in...they may have updated the product since I bought it. I have had it for a couple of years, just waiting to climb the upgrade list.

https://www.amazon.com/Berkley-Twist...76&sr=8-5&th=1
        Thanks

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Nice install. I suggest you add some way to bungee the rods in the front holder to ensure they do not bounce out in travel.

The para cord is a nice touch. Did you consider pipe insulation and a couple of screws and washers?
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            Nice install. I suggest you add some way to bungee the rods in the front holder to ensure they do not bounce out in travel.

The para cord is a nice touch. Did you consider pipe insulation and a couple of screws and washers?
            That's not a bad thought. I will have to look at that. Only 1 trip with it installed so far. I do have some pipe insulation on hand....just did not have it with me at the time of wrapping up install.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
            X