337RLS with Loud Popping Noises Coming From Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 337RLS with Loud Popping Noises Coming From Shower

Anyone else suffer from loud popping shower when walking thru the bedroom, bathroom or hallway? Dealer said it was normal and there was nothing they could do. Toured several other rigs on the lot and none made this noise. We are stumped and are not quite sure what to do about this one.

The shower is clearly too tight against the wall and flexing is causing it to snap and pop against the wall and corners. I'm not exactly sure how these are installed and if they are supposed to have better support, or glue, or some isolating features. I suspect, like just about everything else on our rig, it was installed incorrectly.

Last edited by rototerrier; 05-31-2023, 06:25 PM.

Have you contacted GD Customer Service and send them these videos?

It looks like the paneling at the top filling in from the shower to the ceiling might be too tight to the shower encloser. From the video it looks like the shower is installed then the paneling is installed over a flange on the shower. The paneling might be too tight down on the shower or maybe the shower is not installed tightly to the wall. The shower stall bottoms do have flex, ours does.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ah, the old squeaky floor. The 303’s and 337 have been known for this. My 2018 303 has done this since new.
      There has been many people try to stop this squeak, but no solution that I know of. I believe it’s a combination of the flex in the floor to the foam board between the floor and the bottom of the shower. I was going to pull my shower to see if I have the squeaks after removing, but it’s a lot of work if it doesn’t help. We just live with it. I agree, it should not happen.
      There is a thread on this from another forum. But again, no solution I know of. If you happen to solve this please pass along the information.
      Steve
      2018 Reflection 303
      2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Fortunately i don’t have any squeaky floors. This is the only noisy spot i have in the entire rv. I submitted a ticket to GD and still awaiting a response. It might we worth pulling that top paneling and seeing what i can find.

I’d probably need to source some new paneling though.

Comment

It looks like there is silicone on the lower edge of the paneling, cut this with a knife to seperate it from the shower. The paneling is stapled to the wall, most staples should be behind the trim at ends. Yes it might be a little tricky to get it off with little to no damage.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Typical response as i would expect. The problem is obvious but they choose to not acknowledge it.

Would be a big deal if you could get quality service in a reasonable timeframe. Maybe i can get it into service this year. Will have to start calling around.

I need the dealer to look at and submit a claim under this case number and my warranty team can see the videos. If the dealer you are using is not working for you please go to web site use dealer locator to find one that will.

Comment

Working...
            X