Bathroom Vanity Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom Vanity Lighting

For years we have wrestled with not having sufficient lighting at the bathroom mirror. I don't know why this took us so long. We just installed the same lights that we installed in the same location in our boat, several years ago. These are 12V LED wall sconces. https://www.itc-rv.com/product/jova-...-sconce-light/ The light is "warm white" but they are very bright and the lenses remove all shadows. Each fixture has its own switch. On our Reflection 303RLS, it was fairly easy to get power for one from the bathroom light switch and power for the other from the bedroom light switch on the opposite side of the wall. One attached picture is from our boat. The other is from our 303. The link is to the supplier. These lights are available as "special order" through CW.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-03-2020, 08:58 PM.
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Rob, no more excuses for your imperfect makeup!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Cate&Rob That looks great Rob, bet Cate loves it!
      Andi
      Brookings SD
      2018 Reflection 337RLS
      2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Andi View Post
        Cate&Rob That looks great Rob, bet Cate loves it!
        Absolutely! . . . The crazy thing was that we debated all sorts of lighting solutions before Cate said "why don't you just do what you did on the boat?" (We knew what the solution was for a long time .)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          For years we have wrestled with not having sufficient lighting at the bathroom mirror. I don't know why this took us so long. We just installed the same lights that we installed in the same location in our boat, several years ago. These are 12V LED wall sconces. https://www.itc-rv.com/product/jova-...-sconce-light/ The light is "warm white" but they are very bright and the lenses remove all shadows. Each fixture has its own switch. On our Reflection 303RLS, it was fairly easy to get power for one from the bathroom light switch and power for the other from the bedroom light switch on the opposite side of the wall. One attached picture is from our boat. The other is from our 303. The link is to the supplier. These lights are available as "special order" through CW.

Rob
          Hi Rob,
          Great idea and I just installed a pair of the lights in my 303. One question re the install. Did you reinforce the location behind the 2 screws that hold the light on the wall? I am a little nervous about the weight of the lamp and the thinness of the wall with only 2 screws to hold it in place. Any advice appreciated. BTW, the lights are available directly from itc-rv now and look and work great.
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
          Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
          2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by wygieman View Post

Hi Rob,
            Great idea and I just installed a pair of the lights in my 303. One question re the install. Did you reinforce the location behind the 2 screws that hold the light on the wall? I am a little nervous about the weight of the lamp and the thinness of the wall with only 2 screws to hold it in place. Any advice appreciated. BTW, the lights are available directly from itc-rv now and look and work great.
            I used only the two screws that came with each light. I drilled a very small pilot hole to maximize the holding ability of the screw. (No pilot hole causes the back of the wallboard to burst out and too large a drilled hole limits thread engagement). No issues so far . . .

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

I used only the two screws that came with each light. I drilled a very small pilot hole to maximize the holding ability of the screw. (No pilot hole causes the back of the wallboard to burst out and too large a drilled hole limits thread engagement). No issues so far . . .

Rob
              Rob - will the light mount allow the use of a wall molly - ones made for the thin walls? They sit proud a smidgen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	toggler small.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	31599
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

S
                Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Rob - will the light mount allow the use of a wall molly - ones made for the thin walls? They sit proud a smidgen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	toggler small.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	31599
                Wing anchors would be an easy “plan B” because these interior walls are hollow (unlike exterior walls) but, so far, just the screws are holding fine.

Rob
                Last edited by Cate&Rob; 10-09-2020, 08:21 PM.
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X