Momentum 320G shake down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 320G shake down

6 week shake down of my momentum 320G. Now I have owned plenty of RVs in my life time and know that there will be some problems. I am impressed with my rig and I will enjoy this rig for years to come. Here is what I encountered. Arrived in Quartzsite opened up unit to find the two inside side window valances on the slide out next to couch had separated from the wall. Found only one L bracket installed on the top valance and the sides were secured by the fabric to the wall. Installed 4 L brackets per window.

First night could not believe the mattress on the bed was like sleeping on concrete. Second night decided to sleep in garage on the lower bed. This was like sleeping on concrete with big rocks all around. Bought a new mattress for the bed and was given a 2 inch foam pad for the lower bed when it is used.

Had the ramp down as a patio and enjoying a game of dominos when a freak gust of wind caught the awning just right and it departed the unit. What I found during the repair was only 5 screws were holding this on and I personally think they were way to small. No silicon was used to seal the hole where the wires come out of the unit to the awning.

Doors on the inside have to big of a gap between the jam and the knob allowing the doors to come open during travel of the rig. Some flexing is going to happen and the door mechanism does not have enough of bite to stay closed.

Originally posted by John Whitehead View Post
    6 week shake down of my momentum 320G. Now I have owned plenty of RVs in my life time and know that there will be some problems. I am impressed with my rig and I will enjoy this rig for years to come. Here is what I encountered. Arrived in Quartzsite opened up unit to find the two inside side window valances on the slide out next to couch had separated from the wall. Found only one L bracket installed on the top valance and the sides were secured by the fabric to the wall. Installed 4 L brackets per window.

First night could not believe the mattress on the bed was like sleeping on concrete. Second night decided to sleep in garage on the lower bed. This was like sleeping on concrete with big rocks all around. Bought a new mattress for the bed and was given a 2 inch foam pad for the lower bed when it is used.

Had the ramp down as a patio and enjoying a game of dominos when a freak gust of wind caught the awning just right and it departed the unit. What I found during the repair was only 5 screws were holding this on and I personally think they were way to small. No silicon was used to seal the hole where the wires come out of the unit to the awning.

Doors on the inside have to big of a gap between the jam and the knob allowing the doors to come open during travel of the rig. Some flexing is going to happen and the door mechanism does not have enough of bite to stay closed.
    Welcome, John, to Grand Design's Technical Forum. GDRV-Megan -- good feedback for your Momentum factory personnel.

The mattress is not really a "defect" as much as a complete waste of money (IMO) to include with the trailer. I've commented many times here that it is just one of many items I wish GD would skip including with the camper, or at least offer a rebate if pulled from the camper prior to delivery (still in the wrapper) at the dealer. They won't, of course, because the dealer would have a pile of mattress' they couldn't get rid of.

The awning--yep--another one of those items that makes you scratch your head. I've seen many mangled awnings. One at the National Rally last year after a surprise front came through the fairgrounds. I rarely extend my awnings since every breeze makes them jump, which raises my anxiety level too much. I'd rather just put up a small pop-up canopy that is made to tie down to the ground.

The other quality issues are disappointing. I hope you'll continue to participate and not only pass on what you've learned but perhaps when others have issues with a 320G you can help them.

Again, welcome!

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by John Whitehead View Post

Thanks for sending this feedback over to us! We do appreciate hearing these types of issues so that we can get this back to our production team so that we can work towards fixing these issues. Would you be able to send me your VIN so that I can include all of that when I send this to production? Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X