access behind the front wall in storage bin Imagine 2600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access behind the front wall in storage bin Imagine 2600

I'm trying to figure out how to get access behind the front wall of the storage bin in my Imagine 2600. I looking at being able to run the wiring for solar and an inverter behind the wall. I've looked at it for weeks and haven't come up with a way without destroying at least part of it.
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

I have a similar interest in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
      I'm trying to figure out how to get access behind the front wall of the storage bin in my Imagine 2600. I looking at being able to run the wiring for solar and an inverter behind the wall. I've looked at it for weeks and haven't come up with a way without destroying at least part of it.
      My guess it is fixed in place as the front cap appears to attach to it. I would give GD customer service a call (have you vin handy) or ask GDRV-Emily or GDRV-Megan

Hope this helps
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I tried to remove the panel in the front of my Reflection travel trailer, but never figured it out. I gave up and approached the task a different way.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Running from Gnats If you can provide your VIN, we can certainly see what we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
            Running from Gnats If you can provide your VIN, we can certainly see what we can do.
            VIN 573TE3020L6621833

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Norris
            2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
            Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
            FMCA # 489460

Comment

I'm interested in this too. There is at least a studs worth of space between the wall and the front cap.
              Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Running from Gnats we are gathering additional info for you. Your unit was built with a Furrion solar prep, but if you are wanting to modify past that, we have asked someone in service to see if they can give some tips on how to modify without damaging anything! Will update as soon as we can

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
                  Running from Gnats we are gathering additional info for you. Your unit was built with a Furrion solar prep, but if you are wanting to modify past that, we have asked someone in service to see if they can give some tips on how to modify without damaging anything! Will update as soon as we can
                  I'm looking to be able to cleanly and safely access so as to be able to place wiring out of the way, where it won't be damaged or moved by items in storage bin. I'm planning on using the Furrion plug with a suitcase solar system.

I didn't realize the Furrion solar prep may run back there. Is it possible to get a schematic on how and exactly where the solar setup runs? And besides wiring and the socket, is there any other items that are part of the Furrion solar prep? I have not seen information on what exactly the prep is ( is it just external plug wired to battery, is there a built in controller, etc?).

I appreciate GD working on this for me and others interested in doing similar work.
                  Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                  FMCA # 489460

Comment

Running from Gnats we can certainly continue to work on this, but you may be best to contact our support team direct so that they can talk you through a few things. You can call them at 574-825-9679. Let us know if you get any resolution from giving them a call!

Comment

I'm looking to be able to cleanly and safely access so as to be able to place wiring out of the way, where it won't be damaged or moved by items in storage bin. I'm planning on using the Furrion plug with a suitcase solar system.

I didn't realize the Furrion solar prep may run back there. Is it possible to get a schematic on how and exactly where the solar setup runs? And besides wiring and the socket, is there any other items that are part of the Furrion solar prep? I have not seen information on what exactly the prep is ( is it just external plug wired to battery, is there a built in controller, etc?).

I appreciate GD working on this for me and others interested in doing similar work.
                      The prep is just a plug that connects to the battery. There is no charge controller on this circuit. The controller would be part of the suitcase solar system.

Jim

Comment

The wires are likely, at best, 6ga from the "Furrion prep" to the batteries. Only applicable to very small, portable solar panel setup. For a solar system of any significance the connection is not suitable.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

All these answers don't really address the main question - how do you remove/get behind that front panel in the pass through compartment?

Charles and Susan
                          Andersen Hitch
                          2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
                            All these answers don't really address the main question - how do you remove/get behind that front panel in the pass through compartment?
                            I'll be calling support on Monday. Will post what I find out.

I was able to see the upper part of the board is screwed in, but apparently before the cap was installed. There is enough room to unscrew it, but I have no idea about attachment at the bottom.
                            Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                            FMCA # 489460

Comment

I'll be calling support on Monday. Will post what I find out.

I was able to see the upper part of the board is screwed in, but apparently before the cap was installed. There is enough room to unscrew it, but I have no idea about attachment at the bottom.

I look forward to hearing what they say. I too would like to get behind that panel without having to cut it out.

Charles and Susan
                              Andersen Hitch
                              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
                              X