Cabinet glass opaque coating touch up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet glass opaque coating touch up

A bowl in the front cabinet has scratched off a spot of the opaque coating. The glass is fine. Is there anything that can be recommended to touch this up?

good question, we have the same scenario. We need some ideas here.

Comment

If you were talking about the white frosted glass, I have heard someone mention fingernail polish in the past. Honestly don’t know if that really works but that’s what I’ve read.
      2018 Momentum 376TH
      2016 RAM 3500 Duall
      y

Comment

Thanks for the fingernail polish suggestion. I am a new owner and not sure how you request feedback from Grand Design. I have seen posts with a reply from Megan at GDRV.
        We have since put our bowls and anything with a sharp/hard edge in a basket before storing in a cabinet with a glass front door. The mark is very noticeable, so would like to try something that could help blend it in. Will try the fingernail polish if I do not hear from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
          Thanks for the fingernail polish suggestion. I am a new owner and not sure how you request feedback from Grand Design. I have seen posts with a reply from Megan at GDRV.
          We have since put our bowls and anything with a sharp/hard edge in a basket before storing in a cabinet with a glass front door. The mark is very noticeable, so would like to try something that could help blend it in. Will try the fingernail polish if I do not hear from the manufacturer.
          GDRV-Megan -- any suggestions from Grand Design on his dilemma? Perhaps the Repair Facility has a few tricks up their sleeve?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- any suggestions from Grand Design on his dilemma? Perhaps the Repair Facility has a few tricks up their sleeve?
            We just use a frosted glass spray in the shop.

Comment

Our daughter used this frosted glass spray paint that Megan references (I trust the same or similar) a few years ago in their home on the front door side windows. It has held up very well to the dog and child incredible number of attempts to disrupt mom's work ! Easy peasy to use as well. See couple pictures below.

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

I saw the reply about the shop using a frosted glass spray. What brand, color, part#, please? Thanks

Comment

The couple from Changing Lanes, installed poster board cut to size on the inside of the glass to keep the scratches from happening.

Comment

Working...
                  X