Murphy bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy bed

I would like to know if anyone out there with a Murphy bed in their trailer has had any luck in swapping out the factory mattress for a memory foam type mattress and what the impact might be?

Welcome to the forum Mooserelli! We're glad you could join us.

Regarding the memory foam mattress. We changed out our mattress for a memory foam and we're very glad we did. It's so much more comfortable. The only downside is that it weighs more than the original mattress. So when we access the storage under the bed, the supports won't hold the weight. We just live with it. But I understand that you can purchase stronger supports to overcome the increased weight.

Jim.

(Moderator Note: Moved thread to interior modifications and upgrades)
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Mooserelli , when we had an XLS, we replaced the mattress with a memory foam type. We then generally left the bed down. It would fold up still, but was a tight fit.

JIm
      2021 28BH 1.2kw solar and other mods
      2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

We are considering replacing our Murphy Bed in our 19BWE. The only thing is that the mattress from the factory has a fold in it. I know there are tri-fold mattresses, but they won't fit completely. They lack about 2 inches on the sides. And, I'm concerned about the memory mattress folding up. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ours would fold up, but it was tight. It put extra pressure on the single clasp, so you might consider re-enforcing the clasp that holds the bed upright. Our mattress was a Tuft and Needle if that helps.
          2021 28BH 1.2kw solar and other mods
          2019 F350 PSD SRW

Comment

Working...
          X