No announcement yet.

Teak accent wall - bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDRV-Megan After much research, I’ve found that the most likely culprit is the Post Powder Beetle. And yes, the infestation was active when I was sold the camper and most likely already in the wood when installed in the camper because of the life cycle of the beetle. There are probably other campers infested as well as I would think more than one camper was fitted with wood from the same order. Looking forward to hearing what the product manager has to say. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Norma Leahy View Post
      GDRV-Megan After much research, I’ve found that the most likely culprit is the Post Powder Beetle. And yes, the infestation was active when I was sold the camper and most likely already in the wood when installed in the camper because of the life cycle of the beetle. There are probably other campers infested as well as I would think more than one camper was fitted with wood from the same order. Looking forward to hearing what the product manager has to say. Thanks everyone.
      Would you say that these holes are getting worse? Or are they same as when you purchased the unit?

Comment

Our wall has 4 that I can see. I'm not getting up to move stuff to look for more since anything beyond breathing is a serious pain in the ribs.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

It’s getting worse as the larvae are maturing and boring their way out. I’ve just been contacted by a dealer that spoke with Grand Design. They’re concern is that the rig has been in the field for six months. This has been going on way before I purchased the rig. I am contacting Grand Design directly.

Comment

It’s getting worse as the larvae are maturing and boring their way out. I’ve just been contacted by a dealer that spoke with Grand Design. They’re concern is that the rig has been in the field for six months. This has been going on way before I purchased the rig. I am contacting Grand Design directly.
            GDRV-Emily and/or GDRV-Megan -- are you following this thread?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Emily and/or GDRV-Megan -- are you following this thread?
              Yes, I was waiting on a reply from Norma Leahy ... we are contacting the supplier as we speak. Looks like Norma has already reached out to Customer Service as well. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

Yes, I was waiting on a reply from Norma Leahy ... we are contacting the supplier as we speak. Looks like Norma has already reached out to Customer Service as well. Thanks.
                Norma Leahy -- if you'd like any further response from our GD rep here *****please***** use the tag function. Type @ followed by her forum name GDRV-Megan. Hint: Type the first three letter after @ and pause until given the option of choosing Megan's name.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

GDRV-Megan I’ve been speaking with Cristine Holland in customer service. She has been in touch with the vendor for the wood. Vendor says the wood is NOT teak as stated in the promo video from Grand Design. She will continue to work with me.

Comment

Vendor says the wood is NOT teak
                    Hi Norma,

Thanks for the update on this. Good to learn that you are "making progress".
                    Having worked with teak for most of my life, per post 7 I am not at all surprised by your latest finding.
                    Let us know how this works out.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Update: technicians arriving tomorrow. Grand Designs replacing boards. My only concern is that they are replacing with the same type of wood. I will certainly inspect the product prior to installation. I was hopeful that they would replace with teak because that’s what is advertised on the promotion video; “reclaimed teak”. Thanks to everyone. Wish me luck!

Comment

Update: technicians arriving tomorrow. Grand Designs replacing boards. My only concern is that they are replacing with the same type of wood. I will certainly inspect the product prior to installation. I was hopeful that they would replace with teak because that’s what is advertised on the promotion video; “reclaimed teak”. Thanks to everyone. Wish me luck!
                        This brings a whole new meaning to "getting the bugs out of a new rig." Glad you're getting it taken care of.

Rob
                        Rob & Laura
                        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Norma, you are so right! There are others out there!!! We are one of them. A brand new 2022 2600RB used for less than 4 full months due to Power Post Beetles.

Comment

jenlovesherpug -- welcome to the forum! You've got an awesome avatar pic.

Please take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members if you'd like to know more about our (small) corner of the internet: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Comment

Working...
                            X