Change Out Shade in Bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Out Shade in Bedroom

There are a couple of items that I'd like to do to my camper by way of upgrades. Trying to stay topic specific on these forums, one of those 'upgrades' would be to replace the pull down shade in the forward bedroom. The shade stands off of the window by 2-3 inches, and as such leaves a large sunlight gap. It's like a traditional roller shade, and I'm surprised by the companies choice of window treatments seeing that there are privacy shades in the garage, but no where else in the rig. I'd like to replace this with a privacy shade of some sort. Can we purchase such things from GD directly, or should I search an RV parts dealer?

CJ & Jo
    '17 327M
    '19 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins

We tried purchasing some hard to find items directly from GD in the past and were informed very politely that they are not a retail parts store. As the window shades are supplied by others I think your best choice would be to search online or at a RV parts store. This will likely provide greater selection for you than trying to source through GD. Good hunting.
    John
    2018 Momentum 395M
    2018 Ram 3500 Dually
    Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Chris J
      Hi Chris,

The above comment is correct in that Grand Design cannot sell parts directly to a customer because of their business agreement with their dealers.

They do, however, have a very good online parts look-up where you will be able to find the exact OE part that you might be looking for. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup I am not sure if that link will take you all the way to your window shades, but follow the drop downs on the left and you will find them. You would have to purchase these Grand Design PN pieces through a Grand Design Dealer.

If you are looking for something that is not a production Grand Design part, the RV aftermarket would be a better choice.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

A number of GD owners have used Pharr RV in Lubbock, TX, to order parts. You can look up the part(s) on the GD parts lookup site as referenced by Cate&Rob above, call the Pharr RV parts department, and - if they don't have the part in stock - they will have it drop-shipped to you. Their number is (806) 765-6088. We have used them a couple of times with good results. The shipping is a bit steep, but that's a function of GD or the vendor - not Pharr RV.

(Another) Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Thanks all...great inputs. I found the parts lookup to be a very good resource. We'll try to connect with the various retailers (Pharr, etc.) in the near term. We'll need to build up a list of suppliers for sure.
          CJ & Jo
          '17 327M
          '19 RAM 2500HD 6.7 Cummins

Comment

Working...
          X