Toy hauler garage tie downs 381M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy hauler garage tie downs 381M

Looking to see if anyone can help me out with a drawing or lay out of the framing in the floor and walls for tie downs?
    looking to install either E-track or Versa tie down systems.
    2019 Momentum 381-M Class
    2017 Ram 2500 Long Bed SRW

Originally posted by tclem177 View Post
    Looking to see if anyone can help me out with a drawing or lay out of the framing in the floor and walls for tie downs?
    looking to install either E-track or Versa tie down systems.
    Sorry--I don't see a drawing that will help. Frankly, even if there was a detailed drawing of this area I wouldn't trust it. I am not an expert on the 381M, but I *think* there are fuel tanks mounted under the garage. I'd recommend dropping the coroplast (that black plastic-like material covering the underside of the trailer) under the garage and take a look.

Hopefully someone with your rig will chime in soon (or someone with more expertise than yours truly on this subject).

-Howard

P.S. Consider filling out your signature line: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have a 381 and have added e track to curbside wall in front of the door. I put a screw in every 4th hole of the e track and hit a few of the aluminum studs. It seems very random where they are located. I am only using this to secure very light items against the wall. I would not use it as an anchor point for any type of heavy cargo.

I initially was going add e track the floor as well for our dirtbikes. (Now I pan to go with a system like this www.boltiton.com) I dropped a section of the underbelly to inspect. The fuel tanks are mounted really close to the floor so don't start shooting screws through the floor. If I were going to install e track I would drop the underbelly and make my own drawing using the factory D ring mounts as reference points for the frame cross members and tank locations. Also the factory D ring mounts are not very robust. They use self tapping screws shot into some thin plate. This is probably ok for most things, but I like to overbuild stuff like anchor points. If you are hauling something heavy I would suggest upgrading the D rings and use bolts instead of screws.
      2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
      2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

Yes i would agree that the factory D-rings are a little light and not secured how i would have hoped. I have a Polaris Turbo S 4 seat that fits snug in the 15' garage and it doesn't leave much room or give the best points to tie down something of that size.
        2019 Momentum 381-M Class
        2017 Ram 2500 Long Bed SRW

Comment

I installed e track in my 385 years ago using just lag bolts in every third hole and every hole at the tie points. I have had no problems in 5 years hauling two touring motorcycles for thousands of miles.

Big Mike

Comment

Working...
          X