Solitude 344GK-R Ottoman Pullout Drawer Slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude 344GK-R Ottoman Pullout Drawer Slides

We recently purchased a Solitude 344 GK-R 5th Wheel. Does anyone know the part number or length of the drawer slides for the pullout ottoman? The unit is currently in storage in another location (several hundred miles away) and I cannon measure the slides myself. The Grand Design Parts Lookup site is good and I found several slides listed, but it does not indicate "where used". The ottoman became very difficult to open/close and when I released the slide tabs to remove it, I found that the left slide was damaged and the mini ball bearings inside were on the floor. I've contacted both the dealer and manufacturer and both need pictures/measurements to determine the correct part. I plan on being at the unit in 2 weeks and would really like to have the parts for repair at that time rather than wait until after I get measurements and pictures.

Originally posted by bfason View Post
    We recently purchased a Solitude 344 GK-R 5th Wheel. Does anyone know the part number or length of the drawer slides for the pullout ottoman? The unit is currently in storage in another location (several hundred miles away) and I cannon measure the slides myself. The Grand Design Parts Lookup site is good and I found several slides listed, but it does not indicate "where used". The ottoman became very difficult to open/close and when I released the slide tabs to remove it, I found that the left slide was damaged and the mini ball bearings inside were on the floor. I've contacted both the dealer and manufacturer and both need pictures/measurements to determine the correct part. I plan on being at the unit in 2 weeks and would really like to have the parts for repair at that time rather than wait until after I get measurements and pictures.
    bfason,
    I suggest sending an email to Grand Design Customer Service with the request for information. They should be able to help you out. Don't forget to include your VIN as they'll need it.

Their email is customerservice@granddesignrv.com

An alternative is to give them a call on Monday at 574-825-9679

By the way--welcome to the forum! Why not take a moment and fill out your signature line? https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, but I did and they want pictures and a measurement which I can't get for a couple of weeks. If their parts lookup has a "where used" note, this would be easy.

Comment

Thanks, but I did and they want pictures and a measurement which I can't get for a couple of weeks. If their parts lookup has a "where used" note, this would be easy.
        GDRV-Megan -- can you help?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

My guess (as I'm not in the Parts department), would be the 16" drawer guides for that. Here's the drawing of the bed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	344GK Bed Base.PNG
Views:	375
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	17009

Here's the brackets that I believe it is:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	660364.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	479.0 KB
ID:	17010

Comment

Thanks so much for your help!

Comment

I just had the same issue with my 2014 Solitude 369rl. Ball bearings all over the place.

Figured I should probably share this so the next person saves time.

I went to the nearby Lowes, and was able to pick up the following:
              Richelieu 2-Pack 16-in Drawer Slide

Item #380977Model #TU99072G16

It turned out to be a nearly perfect fit. 3 of the holes were perfectly aligned with the current ones, but I had to tap the 4th one on each side myself. No drilling required with the screws that were already there.

They were a little less than $15 for the pair. Probably took me 15 minutes to do the repair, and a lot more time than that researching and figuring out what to replace.

I’m not sure how long these will last either as the opening under the bed is roughly 1/4 wider than it should be for the size of the ottoman/drawer, and the thickness of the hinges. The dimensions in the drawing above are definitely not that of the 369rl. My drawer is 29 inches wide, and the rough opening is 30 1/4.

It’s kind of a really dumb design. The whole idea is to use it as a place to sit down and put your shoes on, etc. Hence the padding on top. If you put weight on the ottoman without it fully extended, it’s going to really crank on those slides. If you pull it all the way out, there is more leverage, but less travel, so would probably do less damage. But in either case, constant torqueing of the hinges is inherent in the design, as the little wheels on the drawer are slightly raised off the floor.

YMMV

Good luck!
              2014 Solitude 369rl
              2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by dougahmann View Post
                I just had the same issue with my 2014 Solitude 369rl. Ball bearings all over the place....Figured I should probably share this so the next person saves time.
                Again a first post from a new member that's helpful--awesome! Glad you joined us and thanks for the post.

Please check out the Welcome to New Members Letter https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Comment

Working...
                X