Mounting a safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting a safe

I am a happy owner of a 353g Momentum. I am wanting to know the best place to mount s small personal safe in this trailer and what fasteners to use. Thanks very much

dslsmk

Good morning. Can you provide a photo of the safe you're considering? This will help us in trying to figure out how to mount it. It will really help if we have an idea of any mounting holes or flanges the safe has.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Dslsmk View Post
      I am a happy owner of a 353g Momentum. I am wanting to know the best place to mount s small personal safe in this trailer and what fasteners to use. Thanks very much

dslsmk
      While I don't have your trailer there was a thread where someone opened up space behind the TV.

Now in mine there is space under the floor of the bath cabinet where the heat comes in. I was going to make the cabinet floor removable until I discovered a heat grate in the bedroom that gave access to it. Enough room for a large cigar box size (think handgun safe) to fit and not block the heat duct, Have not done it yet - on my to-do list.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I have not purchased a safe yet. The style we are looking at a thin design or flat style aprox 11wx14lx4h external dimension. I was considering the bottom of the bedroom clothes closet. Thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by Dslsmk View Post
          I have not purchased a safe yet. The style we are looking at a thin design or flat style aprox 11wx14lx4h external dimension. I was considering the bottom of the bedroom clothes closet. Thanks much
          I was just looking at the floor plan for your 353G. If you are referring to the slide out closet please use caution when mounting something to the floor, I am not sure how thick the floor material is. I was thinking of suggesting one of the bed side cabinets , this could be mounted to the floor there and easily hidden with some clothes maybe. If this safe would not be accessed very often you could tuck it way up under the bed.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I am thinking a small gun safe for pistols behind the TV - Also thinking a long gun in the pass through. We are planning a trip to FrontSight in Pharump next year and would like to have some secure storage. we have a 2020 303
            2020 Reflection 303RL
            2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

Comment

Working...
            X