Vertical sliding windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical sliding windows

Our Momentum 395M has vertical sliding windows in the main room slides. The windows use spring activated latches that slid into the window rail when opening the windows. Those latches hold the windows in the open position. Our issue is that the piece that slides into the window rail is plastic. On two of our windows, that plastic piece has broken off. My question is, does anyone have experience replacing these? Does someone have a part number and can point me to some instructions on how to remove the window? It doesn't make sense to me that these are plastic considering the weight of the window rests on them when it's open. Maybe some of you have engineered a better solution than the plastic piece and can tell me what you did.

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer your question but I defiantly like the horizontal sliding windows better and wish all my windows were horizontal. The only windows I open are the horizontal sliders. (most of mine horizontal sliders)
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Brainstorming here. Would a wood dowel cut the the correct length fit in the channel and hold the window up? Be sure to put a screw in the side of the dowel to be able to pull the dowel out to close.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Have you had any success in addressing this terrible design feature? I have a 2020 Momentum 25G that has a glass patio door with 4 vertical sliding windows. I think the cheap plastic pos’s on mine are slightly different than yours but it is the same principal incredibly bad. Without a good parts diagram it is difficult to determine how to remove the plastic locking piece. My dealer found this image, that I think is for you, but it doesn’t look quite right for the 25G

Last edited by rpm; 07-01-2020, 11:23 AM. Reason: Edited to add photo

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	580215 (Medium).jpg
Views:	309
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	23180

Comment

Working...
          X