Remove half wall and dinette in 2250RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove half wall and dinette in 2250RK

Purchased new 2018 Imagine 2250RK and realized how uncomfortable the dinette is, so in 2019, we put plywood on dinette seat boxes and put reclining loveseat "on" dinette boxes as a trial. We want to remove dinette seats and half wall as you walk in the rear/kitchen entry but can't find how wall is secured to floor/outside wall. Emailed GD asking for construction schematic but no help. Any thoughts or information appreciated.

pblamer
    Welcome to our owner's technical forum !

Typically the interior wooden frame of a wall section is screwed to the floor and the exterior wall and then the paneling is attached. If you look inside the cabinet under the settee cushion, you might be able to see where the frame for the half wall is screwed to the floor. If you choose to remove a half wall surface panel to look for these attachment screws, I would suggest doing this on the cushion side . . . in case you decide not to go through with this project. There will inevitably be some external wall surface and floor damage where the half wall attaches to these.

One caution here! I am describing how my Reflection is put together and assuming that an Imagine would be assembled in the same way.
    Imagine Owners . . . please chime in here if I am not correct!

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob,

I can go out an look at my 2600RB. Our dinette cushion material flattens out where the foam is poor quality. We're in process in having high quality foam cut to replace what we have as an FYI.

Update: To confirm your statement, the wall panel behind our dinette (identical to the provided pic) has no visible brackets, screws or nails that would attach to the floor or wall. Both inside and outside the wall panel. It looks like the frame was screwed to the floor and wall and then the luan panels were attached afterward with a brad nailer. From what I'm seeing partial or complete damage would occur if removing this wall panel.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jim . . . exactly as I would have expected.
        Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you all for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X