Blackout Roller Shade Won't Roll Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Roller Shade Won't Roll Up

the shade behind the tv on our 2020 Imagine 2670mk was supposed to be fixed at the dealership before we brought it home. We, however, did not check to see if it had been. We do not want to drive 140 mile round trip just to have it fixed when we think we can do it. Now, how to do it is the question. It might be easier if we could get the cornice off, but again, how? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Sue K View Post
    the shade behind the tv on our 2020 Imagine 2670mk was supposed to be fixed at the dealership before we brought it home. We, however, did not check to see if it had been. We do not want to drive 140 mile round trip just to have it fixed when we think we can do it. Now, how to do it is the question. It might be easier if we could get the cornice off, but again, how? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Welcome to the Technical Forum, Sue K. I can't help with your specific issue, but I did move this thread over to the "Technical" side and into the "Interior" channel so it gets maximum exposure.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We also had problems with shades when we took delivery. Instead of being 'fixed", they were replaced. If you want to do this yourself you'll want to contact GD with your VIN, shade make and length, and probably photos (they love photos) and have GD send you the replacement. Our cornice is held on by wood screws into the wall, the techs did a good job of hiding them so feeling along the edges as well as looking may be required to find all the screw heads.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue K View Post
        Welcome to the forum. Similar experience here with a dealer who "fixed" a blind under warranty but it fell off onto the sofa three days and 700 miles later.

**If** your blinds are attached as ours are (2018 Solitude) then you may find that you can remove the blind without removing the cornice / valance. Two spring-loaded clips hold the top of the blind. The clips have a lever extending towards you as you face the window (if they haven't been installed backwards). There's not nearly enough space for a finger between the lever and the back of the valance panel, but a flat blade screwdriver or table knife should be enough to GENTLY push the lever back towards the window and release the blind.

GENTLY! I couldn't believe what cheap metal ours are made from - it can be bent with strong fingers. It became apparent that our dealer's technician had badly deformed one of our clips such that it could not grip the blind, so he just hooked one side and left it to fall off a few days later.

The clips are screwed - just one screw IIRC - into the top panel of the valance. Simple as it seems it was too awkward for me to remove the clip, so I removed the valance. On our trailer - possibly different from yours - that involved prying off the decorative side panels which are VERY lightly attached with a pin nailer (some of ours have just fallen off). The side bars to which the decorative panels attach are screwed to the wall with IIRC three screws per side, and once removed the whole U-shaped structure comes off the wall and can be inverted to work on the clips.

The part I can't help you with is what to do with your blind. They are adjustable for tension but I haven't done that. Maybe someone else here can jump in an finish the job for you.

Good luck, and be very gentle with those cheap clips!
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Recently purchased a 2022 Reflection 341RDS. Same issue. I found both blackout shades on either side of the TV on the floor when I brought the unit home. The dealer has ordered new ones. Hopefully GD is addressing this issue.

Comment

Working...
          X