Mechanical Drawings needed for 2017 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanical Drawings needed for 2017 2600RB

Looking for help with a mechanical drawing so I can see what's behind the panel that is behind the open bathroom door on a 2017 2600RB. This panel is bowed and is rubbing the finish off the door.

Jim

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Looking for help with a mechanical drawing so I can see what's behind the panel that is behind the open bathroom door on a 2017 2600RB. This panel is bowed and is rubbing the finish off the door.

Jim
    Nothing in any drawing I have access to, Jim. In all the drawings It's just a wall between the door and shower.

Where is the plumbing (hot/cold water) in the shower? Are they on the linen (back) side of the shower or on the bathroom door (front) side of the shower? That's the only thing I can think of (but again, it is not shown in the drawings).

A call to Grand Design may be required for the level of detail you are looking for--the moderators don't have access.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Howard.

The plumbing is in this wall where I was thinking about removing the faucet and seeing if I can see what's in there with a scope. A drawing may save me some effort and may show some 2x2 wood studs in there.

Jim

Comment

Hi Howard.

The plumbing is in this wall where I was thinking about removing the faucet and seeing if I can see what's in there with a scope. A drawing may save me some effort and may show some 2x2 wood studs in there.

Jim
        Wish I knew of a drawing that would help, Jim, but none that I am aware of--sorry!

Only suggestion I have is to look under the coroplast to find where the plumbing enters the wall. For the stud work, if it's like what I found between the hutch and bathroom in my 315RLTS (when I moved the thermostat), you're not going to find "normal" 16"-on-center studs, etc.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Guest howson

Similar to Howard's input, I have never seen a drawing showing the construction details of an interior wall. Although . . . they do have these drawings for exterior walls, so it would not hurt to ask Grand Design directly. A residential wall stud finder should work to locate the 2x2 studs . . . although the one that I have can't distinguish between a wall stud and an ABS drain pipe. (ask me how I know this )

​​​​​​​Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Guys,

If there is a wood stud in there and I could avoid the hot and cold water line, I may be able to use a brad nailer to pull the panel in.

Jim

Comment

I'm all set guys.

GDRV sent me the drawings but I will still pull the shower valve to get a look inside. The stud arrangement does not make sense where it looks like a large middle section appears to have nothing there.

Jim

Comment

I'm all set guys.

GDRV sent me the drawings but I will still pull the shower valve to get a look inside. The stud arrangement does not make sense where it looks like a large middle section appears to have nothing there.

Jim
                Look forward to reading the follow-up report.

Comment

Jim. Did they mail you hard copies or were they pdf files? If pdf, is there a chance you'll share? I have a 2020 2600RB - which may have a similar floorplan. And it would be helpful. - Guy
                  2020 Imagine 2600RB
                  2019 f150 XLT Crew, EcoBoost, shorter bed
                  Trailer camping for the last 20 years with my better half.

Comment

TustinGuy
                    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Grand Design has asked that each owner looking for drawings contact them directly with their VIN. This way, they can get you the most accurate drawings available for you exact model. They are usually quite willing to provide what owners need, but specifically do not allow their drawings to be published on social media or forums.

Rob (moderator)
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

TustinGuy ,

They emailed me a pdf of just the area I'm interested in. I've not had a chance to make the repair.

howson Howard, can I share this pdf or is this against GDRV rules?

Jim

Comment

TustinGuy ,

They emailed me a pdf of just the area I'm interested in. I've not had a chance to make the repair.

howson Howard, can I share this pdf or is this against GDRV rules?

Jim
                        Jim,
                        As Rob stated, the best course is for the owner to contact GD directly with their VIN. GD's tracking system gives the CS Rep the ability to make sure the drawing the owner receives is the most accurate for the individual's specific trailer.

Based on the changes--and sometimes inaccuracies we've discovered with the single versions we have--the moderators leave providing drawings in the capable hands of Customer Service.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Jim,
                          As Rob stated, the best course is for the owner to contact GD directly with their VIN. GD's tracking system gives the CS Rep the ability to make sure the drawing the owner receives is the most accurate for the individual's specific trailer.

Based on the changes--and sometimes inaccuracies we've discovered with the single versions we have--the moderators leave providing drawings in the capable hands of Customer Service.

Howard
                          No problem guys.

Thank you,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X