My Rant About Stickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rant About Stickers

The stickers that totally tick me off are the don't be a dummy stickers on the inside. I was able to get all of them off the normal wall paneling but they put a don't be a dummy sticker, about the slide, on the fake me out wood under the main control panel. It was about 2" x 3" white with red lettering. When I attempted to carefully peel that sticker off it took the fake me out wood covering off leaving me a bare 2" x 3" patch. Yea I was a little upset to say the least. Fortunately me and Mrs skreef were able to find a nice picture we could install to cover that area.

Note to GD: nobody wants those stickers on the inside of their RV/TT!!! If you feel you must have those stickers you could at least use stickers with a lighter adhesive so they easily peel off without ruining what's under them.

This would have been a warranty issue except I didn't want my cabinet taken apart to replace that piece of wood. And I found an acceptable solution for about $12.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	dummysticker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	19077
    ​​​​
    Last edited by Country Campers; 05-20-2020, 06:42 PM. Reason: Spelling?
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Originally posted by ckreef View Post

Note to GD: nobody wants those stickers on the inside of their RV/TT!!! If you feel you must have those stickers you could at least use stickers with a lighter adhesive so they easily peel off without ruining what's under them.

Click image for larger version Name:	dummysticker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	19077
    ​​​​
    It's called liability. Same reason car manufacturers have to have airbag warnings, medications have a 3 pages of warnings, and pop tarts have directions. If it had less adhesive, it will fall off. If it falls off and someone dies, here come the lawyers. They don't slap things like that on walls just to tick off owners. Hell, they'd probably prefer not to to save money on making stickers.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
      The stickers that totally tick me off are the don't be a dummy stickers on the inside. I was able to get all of them off the normal wall paneling but they put a don't be a dummy sticker, about the slide, on the fake me out wood under the main control panel. It was about 2" x 3" white with red lettering. When I attempted to carefully peel that sticker off it took the fake me out wood covering off leaving me a bare 2" x 3" patch. Yea I was a little upset to say the least. Fortunately me and Mrs skreef were able to find a nice picture we could install to cover that area.

This would have been a warranty issue except I didn't want my cabinet taken apart to replace that piece of wood. And I found an acceptable solution for about $12.
      Click image for larger version Name:	dummysticker.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.7 KB ID:	19077
      ​​​​
      Don't get me started. I spent 2 days with Goo Gone, WD40 and a hair dryer removing all of the warning labels inside and outside my unit. Even the WWW. GD web address was removed.
      Gary F
      2020 Solitude 375RES-R
      2019 Ford Super Duty diesel Dually

Comment

Working...
      X