Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New owner - Is there a way to turn down sensitivity on controls for Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner - Is there a way to turn down sensitivity on controls for Seats?

Getting our new Reflection303rl setup - man the controls for Heat and Massage are touchy. Come close to it and they turn on. Anyway to change them out to push button controls? Perhaps a off/on switch? I can just pull the power for my side of the recliner as a last resort
    2020 Reflection 303RL
    2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

DW saw these on a GD FB page that pointed her to Etsy. Guy makes them with a 3D printer and other FB posts said they work. I haven’t put them on yet but here’s a photo and Etsy link. It may say sold out but you could try contacting the person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E94FD6E5-E354-4D7F-B902-C3FD9E987C5C.jpeg
Views:	1039
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	19249

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7690594...pholder-button

Attached Files
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

GDRV-Emily

Hi Emily - Do you know anyone at LCI that could look at this issue? I'm sure they'd like to have the opportunity to address it, at least on future builds.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        GDRV-Emily

Hi Emily - Do you know anyone at LCI that could look at this issue? I'm sure they'd like to have the opportunity to address it, at least on future builds.

Jim

I had my 303 in to the dealer for a couple of things this past week. With a little time on my hands, I looked over the new models. The 303 that I checked out had the new color interior and a new set of switches on the recliners. They had a definite on/off to them, and were located vertically, on the inside edge of the arm rest, not the top.

A much better design, in my opinion.
        Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
        Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
        2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
        Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
        Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

I disconnected the little plug in back, under the fabric, to the vibrate control and I'm about 1 more accidental touch to disconnecting the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
            I disconnected the little plug in back, under the fabric, to the vibrate control and I'm about 1 more accidental touch to disconnecting the heat.
            x2 - disconnected both the footlights (and those are useful for what?...) and the vibrator in the back on both seats. I also removed the armrest in the center (the units are modular and my wife like to curl up). The buttons on our theater seats are configured differently than the little gizmos above, so those aren't an option for us.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

x2 - disconnected both the footlights (and those are useful for what?...) and the vibrator in the back on both seats. I also removed the armrest in the center (the units are modular and my wife like to curl up). The buttons on our theater seats are configured differently than the little gizmos above, so those aren't an option for us.

Rob
              I've been trying to figure out how to remove the armrest. Could you post how you did it? Especially the upper section.

Thanks
              2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
              2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
              Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
              FMCA # 489460

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post

I've been trying to figure out how to remove the armrest. Could you post how you did it? Especially the upper section.

Thanks
                The armrest is all one unit comprised of the 3 - 4 inches between the two seats. I don't know if the furniture in your Imagine is the same as the Thomas Payne in the Solitudes, but if so, here's what to do: Unscrews the long screws holding the left hand chair (as you're looking at them) from the floor. These screws are underneath the footrest on the rails running from the front to the back of the chairs just behind the front rail. Once the left hand chair is unfastened from the floor, lift it up and off of the center armrest. Lift the armrest up and off of the right hand chair and remove it. You will be able to see the tabs on the right hand chair and the slots on the left hand chair to put the two chairs back together. You'll have to force some new holes in the floor to screw the left hand chair back down since it will now be several inches to the right of its original position with the armrest removed.

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

The armrest is all one unit comprised of the 3 - 4 inches between the two seats. I don't know if the furniture in your Imagine is the same as the Thomas Payne in the Solitudes, but if so, here's what to do: Unscrews the long screws holding the left hand chair (as you're looking at them) from the floor. These screws are underneath the footrest on the rails running from the front to the back of the chairs just behind the front rail. Once the left hand chair is unfastened from the floor, lift it up and off of the center armrest. Lift the armrest up and off of the right hand chair and remove it. You will be able to see the tabs on the right hand chair and the slots on the left hand chair to put the two chairs back together. You'll have to force some new holes in the floor to screw the left hand chair back down since it will now be several inches to the right of its original position with the armrest removed.

Rob
                  I appreciate the information. I'll check it out in the morning.

Norris
                  2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
                  2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
                  Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                  FMCA # 489460

Comment

Originally posted by Tom in PGH View Post

I had my 303 in to the dealer for a couple of things this past week. With a little time on my hands, I looked over the new models. The 303 that I checked out had the new color interior and a new set of switches on the recliners. They had a definite on/off to them, and were located vertically, on the inside edge of the arm rest, not the top.

A much better design, in my opinion.
                    Yep, makes it much easier for one of our dogs to turn on the heat and massage when she is in the chair, even with the Orvis dog throw over it.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

i bought the 3D printed covers.
                      2020 Reflection 303RL
                      2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

Comment

At the advice on some others, I bought a remote controlled outlet strip. Plug the chairs into the strip and keep the wireless remote in the armrest. To be honest, I've never turned them on since installing the wireless strip. Just no real use to date for any of the functions.
                        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
                        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
                        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

I bought the thin version as posted above. I like supporting people who come up with a solution to a problem and sell that solution for a reasonable price. Will post back after they arrive.

Charles and Susan
                          2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
                          Andersen Hitch
                          2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

We did the same fix by putting a power strip in between the chairs and the wall outlet. It’s not wireless but its still pretty convenient when you want them but it sure is nice when you don’t want them on.

Tiki Al
                            Alan and Julie Hartford
                            2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
                            2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

My Aussie loves turning on the heat and reclining.
                              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                              Nash County, NC
                              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                              X