Imagine 2670MK - Exposed screws not all the way in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2670MK - Exposed screws not all the way in

OK, I give up. I have thought about it long and hard and done my search here and finally give up.... In my 2670MK, on the face of the cabinet above the bed there are 2 random screws not screwed all the way in. At first I thought this was just a production error but no....I have looked at other units and see the same thing.....

What are these screws for and why are they not screwed all the way in? What am I missing?

Steve
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2020 F250 6.7 Lariat
    1983 Hottie Wife

Originally posted by bydabeav View Post
    OK, I give up. I have thought about it long and hard and done my search here and finally give up.... In my 2670MK, on the face of the cabinet above the bed there are 2 random screws not screwed all the way in. At first I thought this was just a production error but no....I have looked at other units and see the same thing.....

What are these screws for and why are they not screwed all the way in? What am I missing?

Steve
    Could you post a pic for all to see?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Steve
      It's an Amish thing. You're suppose to hang your socks up there when you go to bed at night.
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

hard to see....but there is 1 screw above each door. both Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1247.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	19591 sticking out about 3/16"

2019 Imagine 2670MK
        2020 F250 6.7 Lariat
        1983 Hottie Wife

Comment

Can you see anything inside the cupboard where the screw is attached to?

I can not imagine a random screw installed for no reason (but maybe?).

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

hard to see....but there is 1 screw above each door. both sticking out about 3/16"
            Based on what I see, the screw is inserted above the cupboard ceiling. Pure speculation on my part: the screws hold the storage compartment to a wooden support beam behind the paneling.

Why the screws aren't inserted all the way...I can't answer that one. There's nothing mechanical (vent pipes, etc) that I can see in any of the drawings. There *might* be electrical wires back there if you have "V" lights on the front of your unit or marker lights in the upper corners of the cap. (I don't know all the details of your unit.)

If it really bugs you, I suggest sending GD Customer Service an email with (better) pictures of the issue and ask them if there's any problem with you tightening them down all the way. That's a super conservative approach, but there's no rush so why not ask?

The email address is customerservice@granddesignrv.com

Don't forget to include your VIN!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X