Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinyl Flooring Repair - Glue it down or just seam seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Flooring Repair - Glue it down or just seam seal?

Hi there, my 29rs flooring is not glued down. I am doing a repair. Should I glue the repair patch down or just seam seal the patch. Which product would you recommend?
    Thank you
    Last edited by howson; 02-24-2023, 06:31 PM.

My neighbor used to be a floor layer (specializing in vinyl.) He has shared a few things with me over the years.

One of them is to patch/repair the same way as original flooring. A "perimeter glue" (stapled or ??) should be repaired without gluing down as it needs to move (expand, contract.)

Another is to be sure to use the seam glue that is specific to the flooring product, brand and sometimes even the model. Hopefully GD can/will provide specific info.

Best to go to a flooring place to get the correct stuff. When done right you shouldn't even see the repair. Good luck!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

I was going to consider repair of mine but now having the entire floor replaced by GD for a slide out issue. But this is the route I was going to take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP9F...ature=youtu.be
      Vivian
      2018 Reflection 303rls
      Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
      Demco Recon

Comment

Followup - I did do the repair and it turned out great - can't even tell there was a break. Cut a piece from under the drawer at the bottom of the main pantry. I followed a Youtube video on cutting out and was very careful. I believe the secret was the floor seam glue I got at Home Depot - expensive but worked awesome for final glue of the seam.

Comment

That is excellent!! I hope it continues problem free. IMHO I would register this with GD so that in the future you have it on record and would be covered.
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
          X