The damage of one screw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The damage of one screw

This past week we took a trip near home and was aghast when we opened our slide number 2, dinning and recliner chair slide on our new Reflection. A screw had lodged its way under the slide during travel and chewed the vinyl floor covering while traveling. The big reveal was when we opened the slide to find an unwelcome tear in the floor. Fortunately it did not tear into the substrate.

Now we began to question where did this screw come from?

We had our daughter camping with us, therefore the need to setup the trifold bed/couch, and I noticed the coach moving away from the back wall as I pulled the seat portion out. Sure enough, the mysterious screw used to hold the one side of the couch was missing. It looks as if it was not mounted correctly, too far from the wall and the screw was too low on the wood frame of the couch thus not staying secure during the travel.

I have reattached the screw to the floor bracket and into the side of the couch making certain the couch was properly positioned and the screw placed into the proper location of the wood frame.

Lesson learned here is to make certain NOTHING gets under a slide.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0E089343-CE08-4491-8A84-1C7BA4721C39.jpeg
Views:	810
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	20836Click image for larger version

Name:	47B1A70E-011E-4E6B-B840-05B3F66CCFB6.jpeg
Views:	651
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	20837
    Keith and Tina
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2014 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins Crew Cab SWD SB 4X4
    Hitch Curt 20k Fixed Mount

That is not a very nice surprise when setting up camp. I have found the odd screw here or there after traveling but never found where they go.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Dang Keith. That's a real shame on a brand new unit like that. Let us know how the repairs go.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We has the same issue. a screw was under our theater seats and it marred the floor terribly. Our dealer got authorization from GD to replace the whole floor. However that is not what was done. They patched it. The patch lasted 6 months and started to peel up. I talked with the service manager, not so kindly. I kept all my receipts that said they replaced the entire floor and now they are going to replace the entire floor. Not very pleased with our dealer, but we will see how this plays out.

Comment

Working...
        X