Interior window trim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior window trim question

After reading and not wanting to hijack Tmformont question about the cornices, here is a marble that has been rolling around in my can..
    Since we are on this subject, would using a wire size brad nail with a little wood glue make these pieces a little stronger and better piece? We had a piece loose when we took delivery and the shop tech went nuts with the air gun putting it back together and I don't look forward to having 20 staples with holes holding a 5 ounce piece of wood in place. I am determined to find a better solution that what they are doing since speed is not my primary consideration. I am also considering lightly sanding the insides of the corners and then gluing in a piece of quarter round molding.
    Brain storm or brain fart? And any suggestions as to the better adhesives to use?
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Jerry--I spend way too much time watching this guy at Project Farm. You might find it both pertinent and entertaining.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ThePowells I renovated a huge house 15 years ago and probably made the year for the company that makes the Titebond glue that howson has recommended. If you want wood to stick and stay stuck it's great.

However I'd think twice about gluing on those trim pieces. If your windows are trimmed as ours are, those pin-nailed bits of facia trim MUST come off to allow access to the screws that hold the rest of those decorative valance frames around the windows. If some day you need to remove the trim around a window - to repair/replace the trim or to work on the window itself - having the facia glued on could make the job messy.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post
        ThePowells I renovated a huge house 15 years ago and probably made the year for the company that makes the Titebond glue that howson has recommended. If you want wood to stick and stay stuck it's great.

However I'd think twice about gluing on those trim pieces. If your windows are trimmed as ours are, those pin-nailed bits of facia trim MUST come off to allow access to the screws that hold the rest of those decorative valance frames around the windows. If some day you need to remove the trim around a window - to repair/replace the trim or to work on the window itself - having the facia glued on could make the job messy.
        TYVM, I hadn't thought about that. I guess it will be 1/2 round glued to one side and brads on the other. it needs something more solid. And while I'm at it, semi-real nightstands are also on the list. Bad part is that I'm not even in covid mode
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X