Thomas Payne recliner stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nomadan2021

You can certainly contact Grand Design through their Customer Service (info on the upper right of the home page of this forum) on any product related inquiry.

Thomas Payne is a brand of RV furniture manufactured by LCI (Lippert Component Industries) in Indiana. You might have more luck contacting LCI directly, but their furniture is constantly evolving and even getting replacement parts for furniture that is older than current model year is difficult. They are not likely to have optional switch configurations for their furniture.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by CalebM;
      Did you check if there are loose cables in recliner? It's one of the major causes of recliner stop working. It might be due to excessive vibration or other impact.
      I have the same issue too.. The problem was that the recliner suddenly worked and then didn't respond for days.

Comment

I have a 2021 GD 390rk with the theater seating in the middle. This am the drive controls stopped working on one side of the set. Already have tried to swap sides with controls and whatnot and it seems to be the motor that controls the in and out. Anyone ever replace the motor and drive on the thomas Payne theater seating?
        is it even worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanderson1541 View Post
          I have a 2021 GD 390rk with the theater seating in the middle. This am the drive controls stopped working on one side of the set. Already have tried to swap sides with controls and whatnot and it seems to be the motor that controls the in and out. Anyone ever replace the motor and drive on the thomas Payne theater seating?
          is it even worth it?
          I can't recall a thread on the topic, but Lippert does have what appears to be repair instructions online. Check out https://support.lci1.com/thomas-payne-collection I think the manual you want is the Theater Seating Troubleshooting and Service Manual.

Consider giving Lippert a call--that chair may still be under warranty. Contact info here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Click image for larger version

Name:	payne.JPG
Views:	503
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	85156
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X