Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

Thickness of Pass Through Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thickness of Pass Through Floor

I am installing a MorRyde Sliding Cargo Tray in my front pass through storage compartment. I need to screw it down into the floor, and would prefer not to go through the flooring since the tanks are underneath. Anyone know how thick it is? I assume at least 3/4 plywood, sitting on 1" tubing, but would like to know for sure.
    2018 Reflection 28bh
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Hi Neil,

When I ran the hydraulic line for my disc brakes, I pulled the plastic tray just inside the pass through door. You can see the pass through floor sitting directly on the frame I beam. It looks to be 3/4” OSB, but there is no framing under this floor.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Hi Neil,

When I ran the hydraulic line for my disc brakes, I pulled the plastic tray just inside the pass through door. You can see the pass through floor sitting directly on the frame I beam. It looks to be 3/4” OSB, but there is no framing under this floor.

Rob
      Thanks for the picture, I see its sitting right on the frame, okay I would think 3/4 screws should be okay. Could maybe do 1/2" I suppose, but I would like to have as much grab as I can
      2018 Reflection 28bh

Comment

ncitro
        Hi Neil,

Isn't the leveraged load of this sliding tray (when it is open) going to be a lot for 3/4" screws into OSB to hold ? Can you go right to the frame rail on the far side for a secure attachment?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel and their kitty Gracie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 Ecoboost F150 with Heavy Duty Payload Package
        Whitby, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          ncitro
          Hi Neil,

Isn't the leveraged load of this sliding tray (when it is open) going to be a lot for 3/4" screws into OSB to hold ? Can you go right to the frame rail on the far side for a secure attachment?

Rob
          A valid point, it did not occur that I could screw through the frame rail but that makes sense. That is how they attached the coroplast as well. This tray in particular pulls out 80% either direction, so there would be a lot of pull on it. Just go into the wood in the middle I assume? There is no middle rail right, just the two sides?
          2018 Reflection 28bh

Comment

Working...
          X