Thickness of Pass Through Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thickness of Pass Through Floor

I am installing a MorRyde Sliding Cargo Tray in my front pass through storage compartment. I need to screw it down into the floor, and would prefer not to go through the flooring since the tanks are underneath. Anyone know how thick it is? I assume at least 3/4 plywood, sitting on 1" tubing, but would like to know for sure.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Hi Neil,

When I ran the hydraulic line for my disc brakes, I pulled the plastic tray just inside the pass through door. You can see the pass through floor sitting directly on the frame I beam. It looks to be 3/4” OSB, but there is no framing under this floor.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Hi Neil,

When I ran the hydraulic line for my disc brakes, I pulled the plastic tray just inside the pass through door. You can see the pass through floor sitting directly on the frame I beam. It looks to be 3/4” OSB, but there is no framing under this floor.

Rob
      Thanks for the picture, I see its sitting right on the frame, okay I would think 3/4 screws should be okay. Could maybe do 1/2" I suppose, but I would like to have as much grab as I can
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

ncitro
        Hi Neil,

Isn't the leveraged load of this sliding tray (when it is open) going to be a lot for 3/4" screws into OSB to hold ? Can you go right to the frame rail on the far side for a secure attachment?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          ncitro
          Hi Neil,

Isn't the leveraged load of this sliding tray (when it is open) going to be a lot for 3/4" screws into OSB to hold ? Can you go right to the frame rail on the far side for a secure attachment?

Rob
          A valid point, it did not occur that I could screw through the frame rail but that makes sense. That is how they attached the coroplast as well. This tray in particular pulls out 80% either direction, so there would be a lot of pull on it. Just go into the wood in the middle I assume? There is no middle rail right, just the two sides?

Neil Citro

Comment

Working...
          X