Murphy bed Mattress upgrade 17MKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy bed Mattress upgrade 17MKE

We have an Imagine XLS 17MKE and we are currently using the mattress that came with the trailer and a 4" foam topper that we cut to fit the existing mattress. This works good and we can still close the Murphy bed easily and it latches without excess strain on anything. I know there are some places that will custom made a mattress and those can get pretty expensive. But I was considering trying something and wanted to know if anyone else had done it. Sams club sells a queen foam mattress for approximately $200.00. We have one on my daughter's bed at home and it is actually quite nice. I was thinking about buying another one of these and cutting a slot into the mattress to help with the "fold" in the Murphy bed. I don't necessarily want to spend $1000 on a custom mattress but I don't want to ruin a $200 mattress either. Any suggestions?
    Allen and Cyndi
    Ford-a Venture!!!
    Ford F-350 and GD Solitude 382WB

That sounds like a reasonable approach. One option that we went with for our sofa bed was to put an inflatable mattress on top of it when someone was sleeping on it. It makes a huge difference with sleeping comfort.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We have the same travel trailer and have put a topper on our mattress. How did you keep the topper from sliding down? I used a few bungie cords but if there's a better way, I'd sure like to know. Thanks.

Comment

We have this same RV and were unimpressed with the rock-hard mattress. We've actually placed about 8" of memory foam pads on top of the existing mattress. It takes a bit of hefting to get this load back up into the murphy bed slot, but it all fits and doesn't shift too much during travel. Sleeps like a dream now. :-).

Comment

Working...
        X