Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to secure the recliners in the slideout - Wood screws keep coming out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to secure the recliners in the slideout - Wood screws keep coming out.

I have been struggling with this for some time. I have tried numerous times to use wood screws to fasten the recliners to the slideout floor so they don't keep moving while we travel. Works for a bit and then the screw loosens and pops out. I really don't want these to continue to pop out and go under a slide and rip the flooring. Been thinking of drilling a couple of holes through the slide out floor and using carriage bolts up from the outside all gooped and sealed. Use nylok nuts inside so that they don't come loose. I would drill the holes at the front of the recliners so that when travelling not only are they sealed with goop but inside the trailer under belly so not exposed to the elements while travelling.

Anyone do something similar or different that has worked better than the wood screws or should I just leave the recliners loose and not risk 2 holes in the slideout floor.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Originally posted by Calbar View Post
    Anyone do something similar or different that has worked better than the wood screws or should I just leave the recliners loose and not risk 2 holes in the slideout floor.
    We removed the screws that held our recliners down so we could shift them over towards the dining table. We didn't re-secure them and they only move an inch or so while traveling. But, we have MORryde IS and a Trailersaver airbag hitch so I suspect our RV bounces around less than most others do.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

We removed the screws that held our recliners down so we could shift them over towards the dining table. We didn't re-secure them and they only move an inch or so while traveling. But, we have MORryde IS and a Trailersaver airbag hitch so I suspect our RV bounces around less than most others do.
      Thanks. I don't find that they move much either usually. I have had them move a couple of times when on some really rough roads.

Rob
      Rob & Barb
      2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
      X