Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatham Maple Stain

Hi,

Our Solitude 310GK-R is being built this week in Indiana. We plan to order a few items from the parts page -- appreciate that list.

I also want to buy the wood stain for the Chatham Maple so I can install shelves and match the cabinet. What is the brand for that stain? It is not on the parts list, but if I have the brand, we can buy it online.

Best,

Crespro
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Originally posted by Crespro View Post
    Hi,

Our Solitude 310GK-R is being built this week in Indiana. We plan to order a few items from the parts page -- appreciate that list.

I also want to buy the wood stain for the Chatham Maple so I can install shelves and match the cabinet. What is the brand for that stain? It is not on the parts list, but if I have the brand, we can buy it online.

Best,

Crespro
    Second Chance (Rob) asked almost the exact same question here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...f-2020-310gk-r

Perhaps he figured it out and will share what he ended up doing (as you'll read in the thread GD couldn't answer the question).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Second Chance (Rob) asked almost the exact same question here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...f-2020-310gk-r

Perhaps he figured it out and will share what he ended up doing (as you'll read in the thread GD couldn't answer the question).

Howard
      Minwax Jacobean 2750 is a perfect match for the woodwork in our 2020 310GK-R. The shading will vary slightly depending on the wood you put it on - darker on a really soft wood, lighter on a good hardwood - but the same color tone.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Second Chance Thank you for the information. I'm getting ready to start with nightstands and shelving in the bedroom. I am planning to take a stained wood sample to Sherwin Williams and the wood for the stain matching. I guess I'm gonna start at the bedroom and work back. I'll take my sample by Lowes before stopping by SW since that are basically across the street from each other.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

Minwax Jacobean 2750 is a perfect match for the woodwork in our 2020 310GK-R. The shading will vary slightly depending on the wood you put it on - darker on a really soft wood, lighter on a good hardwood - but the same color tone.

Rob
          Rob,

Thanks! I have a quart on order.

Best,

Charles
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post

Rob,

Thanks! I have a quart on order.

Best,

Charles
            You're welcome. I should have added that, when I communicated with GD, I was told there was not a specific commercially available stain for the cabinetry in the Solitudes. The cabinets are built by a contract cabinet company (to specs, of course) and that company mixes it's own stains and finishes to meet the requirements of the Grand Design interior designers. I found the Minwax Jacobean solution on one of the Grand Design Facebook groups - I can't take credit for coming up with it on my own.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
            X