Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is carpet on the slide a good idea?

Hello Friends,

I want to start by thanking the volunteer moderators. You provide a great service.

We will take possession of our 310GK-R next month, but I have been looking at ordering a few items in advance. With our last RV, it was useful to have an extra chair, several cabinet hinges, an extra drawer handle and extra carpet.

There is an option to carpet the slide. Our previous RV had carpet on the slide (which I thought was good), but the trend is away from carpet. The part is: 620236 : CARPET SEAMED/BOUND 48 X 142 1/2 FOX FUR FOR SLIDEOUT.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks,

Crespro
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

There is no option to carpet the dinette slide in the 310GK. The change to hard flooring was made part-way through the 2020 model year production. We had carpet in that slide in our Reflection 337 and hated it - much happier with the hard flooring in our 310.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I second(?) Second Chance post regarding the slide carpet. The DW and I liked the carpet-free (and how the floor was flat and level after the slide was out) Open Range brand of trailers. <The audience gasps> Obviously that wasn't enough to sway our ultimate purchase decision.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Rob and Howard,

Thanks for your insights. The Director of Decor has said there will be no carpet on the slide, so we now go forward with the lino.

Warm regards,

Charles
        2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Working...
        X