Dinette table staining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinette table staining

We took delivery of our Transcend 245RL on Thursday. On Friday we had breakfast on the new dinette table. Our hot coffee cups left rings on the finish which don't come off. Why would they put such a sensitive finish on a dining table which should be durable and resistant to such things? I can't imagine what the table would look like after a family with kids used it. Any ideas on how to remove the stains and how to prevent them in the future?

Originally posted by Lindysue View Post
    We took delivery of our Transcend 245RL on Thursday. On Friday we had breakfast on the new dinette table. Our hot coffee cups left rings on the finish which don't come off. Why would they put such a sensitive finish on a dining table which should be durable and resistant to such things? I can't imagine what the table would look like after a family with kids used it. Any ideas on how to remove the stains and how to prevent them in the future?
    Hi LindySue - Welcome to the forum. Bummer on the rings, but I've read where the following may be helpful:

"To remove rings left by cups on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X